Segments allow you to save search conditions and reuse them in Sendinblue.
Since segments are a dynamic feature, once you create a segment it will take into account any new data without needing to be manually updated.
Before you start
- Learn how to create segments in our dedicated article Create a segment.
Use segments to manage your contacts
You can use saved segments to filter and manage your contacts:
- Go to Contacts.
- Click the Load a list/segment tab.
- At the bottom of the list, select the saved segment that you want to use to filter your contacts.
- Select your contacts and click Select all the # contacts to select all contacts.
- Perform a bulk action on your contacts:
Use segments to send email campaigns
Targeting specific segments of contacts is a good idea to maximize the chances of them engaging with your content. You can choose to send an email campaign to specific segments of contacts and filter the contacts you don't want to send it to.
To learn how to use segments to send email campaigns, check our dedicated section To: choose recipients in our article Creating an email campaign.
Use segments in an Automation workflow
Using a segment in an Automation workflow allows you to filter contacts based on the conditions you specified in the segment. There are several things you can do with segments in a workflow:
- Using the Contact filter conditions entry point:
- Launch an Automation workflow when a contact matches one of your segments, e.g. launch a workflow to automatically send an introduction email to contacts who are assigned to you.
- Using the If/Else conditions > Contact details > Contact filter conditions :
- Exclude contacts who match one of your segments from the workflow by adding actions only in the No branch, e.g. Exclude blocklisted contacts from receiving marketing emails sent through an Automation workflow.
- Perform actions only on contacts who match one of your segments by adding actions only in the Yes branch.
- Perform different actions on contacts who match or don't match one of your segments by adding different steps in the Yes and No branches.
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.