In this article, we will explain how to create a segment in Sendinblue.
Segments allow you to filter contacts that meet specific criteria and perform actions on them, such as sending them email campaigns based on their interests and behavior. To learn more about segments and how they work, check our dedicated article About segments.
Create a segment
1️⃣ Choose your first condition
To create a segment:
- Go to Contacts > Segments.
- Click Create a segment.
- Click + Add a filter.
- In the drop-down list, choose a condition and fill in the required fields.
A list of contacts who meet this condition will appear below the segment.
2️⃣ (Optional) Add more conditions
If necessary, you can define several conditions in your segment to make it more specific and get more relevant results:
- AND conditions are useful to add dependent conditions to the main one. To add an AND condition, click + And, select a condition, and fill in the required fields.
- OR conditions are useful to include either of your conditions or all simultaneously. To add an OR condition, click + Or, select a condition, and fill in the required fields.
3️⃣ Save your segment
- Once you're done creating your segment, click Save segment.
- Name your segment.
- Save it in an existing category or create a new one.
- Click Confirm.
Once saved, you can then:
- Load your segment from Contacts and perform actions on the segmented contacts. Learn more in our dedicated article Search for contacts.
- Use your segment to send an email campaign to the segmented contacts. Learn more in the section To: choose recipients of our article [New design] Creating an email campaign.
- Launch an Automation workflow if a contact matches your segment. Learn more in our dedicated article Launch an Automation workflow if a contact matches one of your saved search filters.