You might want to charge your clients for your meeting service; it is possible.
For example, if you are a professional yoga teacher, you can use Meetings for your clients to book and pay for classes with you, directly from your booking page.
In this article, we will explain how to quickly activate payments for your meetings.
✅ Step 1. Activate charges while creating or editing a meeting type
You can decide if you want to charge a meeting type while creating or editing it.
To learn how to create or edit a meeting type, check our dedicated article Create and edit meeting types.
- While creating a meeting type, in the What meeting do you offer? step, enable the Charge for this meeting and show price toggle.
💡 Good to knowIf your meeting type is already created, you can still edit it and enable charges for it.
To learn how to create and edit meeting types, check our dedicated article Create and edit meeting types.
- Decide the amount you want to charge for this meeting type.
- Continue creating or editing your meeting type.
- Click Save Meeting type.
Charges are activated for your meeting type. The meeting is displayed as being charged on your booking page.
💳 Step 2. Define how you collect payments from participants
Once you have activated charges for a meeting, clients will be asked to pay the amount you've chosen, to access the meeting. However, you need to define a way to collect payments from clients to get paid.
To do so:
- From Sendinblue, go to Meetings > Settings > Payments.
- Stripe powers credit card payments. Click Activate Stripe to activate credit card payments.
- Follow the steps on Stripe to activate credit card payments.
💡 Good to knowNote that Stripe will send receipts to participants on your behalf. To receive receipts too, activate the feature in your Stripe settings.
- Once credit card payments are activated, set up your payments.
- Choose the currency for your payments.
- Choose the Tax.
- Establish a cancellation policy for when clients cancel your charged meetings.
Four options are available:
- Free: no charges if the client cancels or modifies the schedule for the meeting.
- Flexible: cancellation is free of charge 12 hours in advance and charged 50% afterward.
- Medium: cancellation is free of charge 48 hours in advance and charged 75% afterward.
- Strict: cancellation is free of charge 48 hours in advance and charged 100% afterward.
- When you are satisfied with payment settings, click Save payment settings, down the page.
Your payment method is defined. If you've activated charges for a meeting type, you are now able to receive the payment.
Each time clients want to book a charged meeting with you, they will be asked to add their credit card details and pay to book the meeting.
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.