Sendinblue replaces Chat with Conversations to help you manage all your conversations with your customers in one place and provide them with a better communication experience. Follow the steps in this article to switch from Chat to Conversations. All your Chat settings will be lost but Conversations offers:
- More powerful features (e.g. Chatbot scenarios or Targeted chats and triggers),
- More flexibility and customization (e.g. positioning and color of your chat widget),
- Better monitoring of your conversations with your customers (e.g. Statistics of your conversations),
- The possibility to connect your most used communication channels (e.g. Instagram Direct, Facebook Messenger).
To learn more about the many features that Conversations offers, check our dedicated section Setup and enjoy the Conversations' features.
💬 Step 1: Enable the Conversations app
- Go to the Apps and Integrations page by clicking Add more apps on the top bar of your Sendinblue account.
- Click the Apps tab.
- In the search bar, enter Conversations.
- Toggle the Conversations app.
- Click Go to Conversations to start its configuration.
⚙️ Step 2: Setup your communication channels
Install the Conversations chat widget on your website and/or connect Conversations with your social media professional accounts to manage all your conversations with your customers in one place: Facebook Messenger, Instagram Direct, and chat widget. Soon you will also be able to manage your WhatsApp and Email (e.g. Gmail, Outlook) conversations directly from Conversations!
Install the Conversations chat widget on your website
Depending on your situation, the installation of the Conversations chat widget differs:
- If the Sendinblue tracker or plugin is installed on your website, installing Conversations is just a click away! From Conversations > Settings > Chat widget, after completing your profile and customizing your chat widget, click Add the chat widget to your website(s)/Shopify stores.
- If the Sendinblue tracker or plugin is not installed on your website, follow our step-by-step guides to install Conversations easily and quickly. Choose the guide corresponding to your CMS:
Google Tag Manager
Connect your different communication channels to Conversations
Follow our step-by-step guides to connect your different communication channels to Conversations:
👋 Step 3: Disable Chat on your website
It is now time to say goodbye to Chat and hello to Conversations! To replace the Chat chatbox with the Conversations chat widget on your website:
- Go to Chat > Settings.
- From the Customize your chatbox settings section, click Chatbox availability.
- Choose Hidden and click Save.
The Chat chatbox is now unavailable on your website and the Conversations chat widget replaces it!
🚀 Step 4: Enjoy the Conversations' features!
You can now set up and take advantage of all the features that Conversations offers:
- Chat widget personalization to make it match your brand,
- Customized notifications to know when a customer is reaching out to you,
- Chatbot scenarios to assist your customers even when you are offline,
- Contact form to welcome your customers and reply to them when you are back online,
- Statistics and Visitors online pages to monitor your conversations' performances,
- Saved replies to reply faster to your customers,
- Targeted chats and triggers to target the right customers at the right place,
- Groups and agents to assign the agents best suited to answer your customers' specific requests.
To learn more about the Conversations app and find answers to your questions, check our dedicated section Conversations on the Help Center.
❓ What about the Chat application?
The Chat chatbox will soon be discontinued and will no longer allow you to receive messages from your customers. However, the Chat app will remain available for a few months to give you access to your past chats if needed. This period allows you to take time to get used to Conversations, set up its numerous features, and have access to your chats if you need to. After that, Chat will be discontinued from Sendinblue and be replaced by Conversations. The Chat documentation will not be updated during this period.
❓What about my contacts from Chat?
If you had added your contacts to one of your lists from the Chat application, they will automatically be recognized by Conversations if the information they provide matches their contact details in Contacts.