In this article, we will help you troubleshoot common issues you might encounter with your WhatsApp Business account or while using WhatsApp campaigns in Sendinblue.
❌ My WhatsApp Business account didn't get pre-approval or has been disabled/suspended
|Your account is suspended as it does not abide by WhatsApp commerce policy.|
To avoid having your account disabled by WhatsApp, you must comply with WhatsApp Business and Commerce Policies but also follow the best practices to send WhatsApp messages.
A disabled/suspended account cannot:
Respond to messages from customers,
Start conversations with customers,
Add new phone numbers to the account.
Your business might not get pre-approval or be disabled/suspended if:
- You offer or sell:
- Illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs, including marijuana
- Tobacco products and related paraphernalia
- Unsafe supplements
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives
- Adult items or services
- Adult health items
- Real money gambling services
- Goods, items, or posts that we determine may be or are fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, or offensive
- Items or products with overtly sexualized positioning
- Products or items that facilitate or encourage unauthorized access to digital media which do not comply with Facebook's policies
💡 Good to knowTo have a detailed list of products you are not allowed to sell through the WhatsApp Business Platform, check the WhatsApp Commerce Policy.
- Your audience might be younger than 16.
- You request a phone number for countries or regions where WhatsApp/Facebook do not operate. There are some countries that WhatsApp excludes from communicating with WhatsApp for Business numbers. Phone numbers from the following countries are blocked:
- Crimea (+7978)
- Cuba (+53)
- Iran (+98)
- North Korea (+850)
- Syria (+963)
If your WhatsApp Business Account has been suspended because the website from your Business Manager profile couldn't be found.
- Go to your Business profile.
- Enter a valid website URL.
- Submit your updates.
- Request another review.
If your WhatsApp Business Account has been suspended because it doesn't meet WhatsApp's Commerce Policy for digital and subscription services:
- Check WhatsApp Commerce Policy for digital and subscription services to make sure you respect them.
- Make changes if necessary.
- Request another review.
❌ My WhatsApp Business Display/Account name has been rejected
|We can't schedule a campaign because your WhatsApp Business Account name was not approved.|
If your name is rejected by Facebook, you are not allowed to schedule WhatsApp campaigns. Make sure you respect the WhatsApp Business Display Name guidelines.
You can then submit another WhatsApp Display Name review. To do so:
- Go to your WhatsApp Business Manager account > Security Center.
- Click View details.
- Click Edit.
- Change any information you want and complete the business verification process. Provide the necessary documents to verify your updated business information and prove your association with the business by receiving a verification code at your email address, phone number, or domain verification.
❌ My phone number is already used on WhatsApp Messenger or Business app
|This number is already registered on WhatsApp. In order to use it with Sendinblue, you need to move the phone number from WhatsApp to the WhatsApp Business Platform.|
You cannot use the same number on your WhatsApp Business Platform and regular WhatsApp accounts. The process of associating a phone number to the WhatsApp Business Platform blocks that number from being used for a regular WhatsApp account. However, you can migrate your phone number registered with WhatsApp Messenger or WhatsApp Business App to use it with WhatsApp Business Platform. To learn how to migrate your phone number, check our dedicated article Migrate your WhatsApp phone number to WhatsApp Business Platform.
❌ My phone number is not registered on my WhatsApp Business Account
|We can't schedule a campaign because we don't have a phone number for your account.|
If you did not register your phone number during the embedded signup, you won't be able to schedule WhatsApp campaigns in Sendinblue.
You must start the embedded signup process again to register your phone number. Follow all the steps from the Link your WhatsApp Business account to Sendinblue article.
⏭ What's next?
- Part 1: Link your WhatsApp Business account to Sendinblue
- Part 2: Verify your WhatsApp Business account
- Best practices for WhatsApp messages
- Create a WhatsApp campaign
- Migrate your WhatsApp phone number to WhatsApp Business Platform
- Create and import your WhatsApp contacts
- What are the requirements for a business to be approved for WhatsApp?
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.