In this article, we will explain how to create and manage folders and contact lists.
Lists and folders are helpful to organize and categorize your contacts.
- Folders allow you to manage and sort your lists based on a common criterion. For example, if I want to gather my new 2022 customers, I can create a "New 2022 customers" folder.
- Lists allow you to sort your contacts based on their interests, similarities, etc. Lists are stored in folders, as subcategories. For example, if I want to gather the new customers I worked with in March, I will create a "March 2022" list under my "New 2022 customers" folder.
💡 Good to knowThere is a limit of 300 lists per account. Keep in mind that with a high number of lists, it becomes more difficult to manage and keep track of them.
Create a new folder
- Go to Contacts > Lists.
- Click the folder drop-down list.
- Click Create a new folder.
- Name your folder.
- Click outside of the window.
Your folder is created. You can now add lists to your folder.
Manage your folders
- To change your folder's name, click the pen logo at the right of your folder.
- To delete your folder, click the bin logo at the right of your folder.
❗️ ImportantAll the lists created inside will be deleted if you delete a folder. Contacts will not be deleted: they'll be removed from the deleted lists but will still be available from All Contacts.
Create a new list
- Click Add a new list in the top right corner.
- Name your list.
- Click Create an empty list.
You are automatically directed to your contacts list in Contacts. A segment is automatically created to filter according to the name of your list.
You can then import contacts to your list in two different ways:
- You can add a contact manually by clicking Create a contact on the top right. To learn more, check our dedicated article Add a single contact to Sendinblue.
- You can import contacts by clicking Import contacts on the top right. To learn more, check our dedicated article Import contacts to Sendinblue.
Manage your lists
From your folders, you can access the different actions to manage your lists by clicking Actions on the right of your list.
- Subscriber Manager: view and manage contacts in the list.
- List Settings: set up the email you want to send to the list.
- Duplicate: create another identical list.
- Add a subscriber: manually add another contact to the list.
- Import subscribers: import new contacts to the list.
- Copy / Paste subscribers: copy-paste contacts from a file to the list.
- Rename: change the name of the list.
- Move: manually move the list.
- Delete: permanently delete the list.
⏩ What's next?
- What is a test list?
- Create a new list from segmented contacts
- Create and use a test list
- What is the "identified_contacts" list?
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.