In this article, we will explain how to import a list of blocklisted contacts.
While you can manually subscribe or blocklist contacts, please note that Sendinblue will automatically blocklist contacts in the following cases:
- For emails:
- They have unsubscribed from your emails by using your unsubscription form
- They have marked your emails as spam
- An email to the contact resulted in a hard bounce
- For SMS:
- They have unsubscribed from your SMS by using your unsubscription form
- They have unsubscribed from your SMS by replying to your SMS campaign
- For WhatsApp:
- They have unsubscribed from your WhatsApp by replying STOP to your WhatsApp campaign
Good to know
- To learn what a blocklisted contact is, read 🎥 What is a blocklisted contact?.
- To learn how to manually blocklist a single contact, read Manually subscribe or blocklist a contact from your email and SMS campaigns.
Import a list of blocklisted contacts
To import a list of blocklisted contacts, you must:
- Create an import file.
- Import your contacts to Sendinblue.
- Map the data of your import file.
- Add your contacts to a list.
- Blocklist your imported contacts.
To learn how to create your import file, import your contacts, map the data of your import file, and add your contacts to a list, read our dedicated article Import your contacts to Sendinblue.
Blocklist your imported contacts
Before finishing the import of your contacts, you must choose to blocklist them by enabling:
- the Blocklist the imported Email contacts option to blocklist your contacts from receiving your email campaigns, and/or
- the Blocklist the imported SMS contacts option to blocklist your contacts from receiving your SMS campaigns
Finally, click Confirm your import to begin the import of your blocklisted contacts.
You will then be redirected back to your Contacts page. Please note that large imports may take a few moments to fully process.
Once completed, a banner will summarize the details of your import, including the number of added contacts, number of existing contacts, number of invalid email addresses, etc. You will also receive an email notification confirming this summary.
⏩ What's next?
- Why not delete contacts who are blocklisted?
- 🎥. Where can I view the list of blocklisted contacts?
- Get the list of blocklisted contacts (unsubscribed addresses, complaints, hard bounces) of a campaign
- Remove a contact from your blocklist