In this article we explain how to verify your WhatsApp Business account to allow you to send WhatsApp campaigns to a large number of customers.
Before your start
- Link your WhatsApp Business account to Sendinblue. To learn more, check our dedicated article.
- You must be an admin of the WhatsApp Business Manager account to verify your business.
- Scan a supporting business document containing your Business Legal Name to verify it. If your business is not listed during the Select Your Businesses step of the verification process, you will also need to scan supporting business documents containing your Business Address and/or Phone Number. To learn more, check Meta's official documentation.
What types of documents are accepted?
✅ Acceptable documents ❌ Unacceptable documents
- Certificate of Formation or Incorporation (ex: GST Certificate)
- Articles of Incorporation
- Business License and Permits
- Business tax registration
- Business Bank Account Statements
- Udyog Aadar (UID)
- Business Credit Reports
- Utility Bills
- Permanent Account Number Card (PAN)
- Shop establishment certificate
- Purchase orders
- Self-filled applications for the company
- Tax returns filed by you or your company
- Personal bank statements
- Website print
- Other documents like company flyers, letterheads, ...
- If your supporting business documents are not in one of the languages supported by Meta, use English translations with official stamps of a translating agency.
Languages supported by Meta
Verify your WhatsApp Business account
Once you have scanned all the required official documents:
- Access your WhatsApp Business Manager account and go to Business settings > Security Center.
- From the Business Verification section, click Start Verification.
- Select a country
Select the country in which your organization is registered.
- Add organization details
Enter your Business Legal Name, Address, Business Phone Number and Website. Some of the fields may already be filled. Make sure that the information you input is the same as the one on your supporting documents and click Next.
- Select your organization
Meta automatically searches for your business in its records and displays a list of businesses that correspond to the details you entered. Choose your business from the list or click My organisation isn't listed if you cannot find your business in the list.
- Add supporting documents
Submit supporting documents such as the Certificate of Incorporation, Business License, Business Bank Account Statement, etc. to verify your Business Legal Name and/or Address and Phone Number and click Next.
- Select a contact method
Choose a verification method that will check if you are the person requesting verification. You can either receive a code by Email, Phone call, Text message (SMS), or perform a Domain verification.
- Confirm contact method
Confirm the email address or phone number you submitted to verify your business.
- Enter confirmation code
Type the verification code you received by email, SMS or call and click Next.
The Meta team will review your documents and you will receive a confirmation email when your business is verified. You can also check your verification status in your Security Centre. The verification process can take up to 30 days. Sendinblue is not responsible for the verification of your WhatsApp Business account.
Once your WhatsApp Business account is verified and before sending your first WhatsApp campaign, check your messaging limit. Your limit is related to your phone number reputation and not to your WhatsApp Business account verification anymore. To learn more, check our dedicated article on the limits to the number of messages sent with WhatsApp Business Platform.
You are now ready to create and schedule your first WhatsApp campaign! 🚀 To learn more, check our dedicated article Create a WhatsApp campaign.