Tags are used to classify your Sendinblue campaigns. They can be used to filter or enable quick searches on your contacts.
Campaign tags are used just like a tag for a blog article or a photo. This is a way of finding, by a search function, which subscribers have received a certain type of campaign, like "Monthly Newsletter" or "Sales".
How to create or add a tag
To create or add a tag:
- Go to the Advanced settings section of your campaign creation.
- Click Edit settings and in the Newsletter settings, check the Add a tag box.
- In the text field, type a descriptive tag for your campaign. If the tag already exists, select it from the list, else click Add a new item:. Your campaign will be added to this tag list.
Use tags in segmentation
You can use tags to filter your contacts in Contacts > Segmentation.
💡 Good to knowYou can create a segment directly from your campaign creation flow. From the To section, click on the Segment tab and choose from the drop-down list + Create a new segment. Make sure to refresh your campaign creation page after creating your segment to have it in the list.
To create a segment using tags:
- Go to Contacts > Segmentation.
- Click Create a segment.
- Click + Add a filter.
- Select the following condition:
- Email > select one of the events according to your needs, e.g. Email opened.
- An email campaign > select a number of times and period of time according to your needs.
- Choose which email campaigns > Email tag > Is exactly > select the tag(s) that you want to use to filter your contacts.
The number of contacts corresponding to the filters you specified is displayed in the table below the condition.
- Optional: Add other conditions according to your needs.
- Click Save segment.
- Optional: If you were creating an email campaign, go back to your campaign creation page and refresh it. You can now use your segment in the To section.
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.