Tags are used to classify your Sendinblue campaigns. They can be used to filter or enable quick searches on your contacts.
Campaign tags are used just like a tag for a blog article or a photo. This is a way of finding, by a search function, which subscribers have received a certain type of campaign, like "Monthly Newsletter" or "Sales".
How to create or add a tag
To create or add a tag:
- Go to the Advanced settings section of your campaign creation.
- Click on Edit settings and in the Newsletter settings, check the Add a tag box.
- In the text field, type a descriptive tag to your campaign. If the tag already exists, select it from the list, else click on Add a new item:. Your campaign will be added to this tag list.
Use tags in segmentation
You can use tags to filter your contacts in Contacts > Segmentation.
To create a segment using tags:
- Go to Contacts > Segmentation.
- Click on Create a segment.
- Click on + Add a condition.
- From the Events tab, choose one of the Email events displayed according to your needs.
- From the Any type of email drop-down list, choose An email campaign and choose the time condition you want.
- Click on + Specify this condition and choose Email tag.
- Select from the drop-down list the tag(s) you want to use to filter your contacts.
- Click on ✔️ Validate this condition.
The number of contacts corresponding to the filters you specified is displayed in the table below your condition.
- Optional: Add other conditions according to your needs.
- Click on Save segment.
- Optional: If you were creating an email campaign, go back to your campaign creation page and refresh it. You can now use your segment in the To section.