In this article, we will explain how to create and manage folders and contact lists.
Lists and folders are helpful to organize and categorize your contacts.
Folders allow you to manage and sort your lists based on a common criterion. For example, if I want to gather my new 2022 customers, I can create a "New 2022 customers" folder.
Lists allow you to sort your contacts based on their interests, similarities, etc. Lists are stored in folders, as subcategories. For example, if I want to gather the new customers I worked with in March, I will create a "March 2022" list under my "New 2022 customers" folder.
Create a new folder
- Go to Contacts > Lists.
- Click on the folder drop-down list.
- Click on Create a new folder.
- Name your folder.
- Double click outside of the window.
Your folder is created. You can now add lists to your folder.
Manage your folders
- To change your folder's name, click on the pen logo at the right of your folder.
- To delete your folder, click on the bin logo at the right of your folder.
Create a new list
- Click on Add a new list on the top right corner.
- Name your list.
- Click on Create an empty list.
You are automatically directed to your contacts list in Contacts. You can import contacts to your list in two different ways:
- You can add a contact manually by clicking on Add a contact on the top right. To learn more, check out our dedicated article Add a single contact to Sendinblue.
- You can import contacts by clicking on Import contacts on the top right. To learn more, check out our dedicated article Import contacts to Sendinblue.
Manage your lists
From your folders, you can access the different actions to manage your lists by clicking on Actions on the right of your list.
- Subscriber Manager allows you to view and manage contacts in the list.
- List Settings allows you to set up the email you want to send to the list.
- Duplicate allows you to create a second identical list.
- Add a subscriber allows you to manually add another contact to the list.
- Import subscribers allows you to import new contacts to the list.
- Copy / Paste subscribers allows you to copy-paste contacts from a file to the list.
- Rename allows you to change the name of the list.
- Move allows you to move the list manually.
- Delete allows you to delete the list.
⏩ What's next?
- Create a list from an existing contact list
- Create and use a test list
- What is a test list?
- What is the "identified_contacts" list?