We've created a series of articles to help you discover the Contact form feature in Conversations. In this article, we will help you set up the fields to which your visitors will have to answer in your contact form.
- Part 1: Choose when to display the contact form bot
- Part 2: Customize the contact form fields - YOU ARE HERE
- Part 3: Visitor's consent
- Part 4: Customize bot phrases
Good to know
- The First name, Last name, E-mail, and Phone Number fields are by default fields and their names cannot be edited.
Customize contact form fieldsWhen enabled, the contact form bot displays a series of questions such as name and e-mail to your visitors after they sent their first message. Choose which information you would like your visitors to fill in from the Form fields section.
To customize your contact form, you can:
- Select from the list of fields the ones you would like your visitors to fill in or click + Create a new contact attribute. In the Field name field, enter a name for each field that will be visible to your visitors.
❗️ ImportantIf you chose to have different support languages, remember to update the Field name field in all languages by clicking on the tabs at the top of it. Default fields are already translated.
- Drag and drop the fields to rearrange them in any order you like.
- Click Delete to remove a field from your contact form.
- Check the Required field box to make a field mandatory.
💡 Good to knowIf you check the Required field box for the E-mail field, the default
afterForm_emailbot phrase is displayed to your visitors in the chat widget. If not, the default
afterFormbot phrase is displayed. For more information on bot phrases and how to edit them, go to Customize Bot phrases.
⏩ What's next?
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.