With Sendinblue, you can create WhatsApp campaigns to send advertising and information messages to your contacts.
WhatsApp is the most preferred communication channel with more than 2 billion users and potential contacts. By launching a WhatsApp campaign, you can:
- Get better brand connections and engagement, with instant recognition;
- Use 1:1 personalized communications, reaching customers where they are;
- Take advantage of more formats than SMS and better engagement than email or SMS.
Before you start
- Make sure you've already linked your WhatsApp Business account to Sendinblue. To learn more, check our dedicated article Link your WhatsApp Business account to Sendinblue .
- To be able to send your WhatsApp Campaigns without the 50 messages per day limit, make sure your WhatsApp Business account has been verified. To learn more, check our dedicated article Get your WhatsApp Business account verified.
- To learn the best practices to create WhatsApp messages, check out our dedicated article Best practices for WhatsApp messages .
- Make sure that the WHATSAPP attribute of your contacts is filled in. Otherwise, they will not be able to receive your WhatsApp campaign. To learn more, check our dedicated article Create and import your WhatsApp contacts.
🛠️ Set up your campaign
To set up your campaign:
- In your Sendinblue account, go to Campaigns > WhatsApp.
- Click on Create campaign.
- Choose a name for your campaign (up to 60 characters). This name will only be visible to you, not to your recipients.
- Choose the type of campaign you will be sending.
- Select the language in which you are going to send your campaign. This setting can be changed later if necessary.
- Click on Begin.
🧑🤝🧑Select your recipients
To select your recipients:
- In the Who are you sending your campaign to? section, click Edit.
- Select one or several lists or segments of recipients you want to send your WhatsApp campaign to.
- Optional: to exclude one or several lists of recipients you don't want to send your WhatsApp campaign to, click on Exclude lists and select the desired list(s) of recipients to exclude.
- Click Save.
🖌️ Design your message
Step 1: Select a design option
We offer two options to design your WhatsApp message: you can either reuse a message from an existing campaign by using it as-is or editing it, or you can create your message from scratch.
In the Design section, click on Edit and select one of the two options to design your message:
- Select Use an existing message.
- In the drop-down list, select the campaign from which you want to reuse the message.
- Click on Open editor.
- Select Start creating from scratch.
- Click on Open editor.
Step 2: Create your message in the editor
Toggle the Header option to provide additional information to your contacts. Your header can either be:
- Text (up to 45 characters).
Insert variables to go further in the personalization of your text and replace them with your contacts' attributes when sending the campaign. Click 👤 and, from the Insert a variable pop-up window, choose the attribute you want to use in the Contact attribute drop-down list. In the Value if empty field, enter a default value to insert if your contact's attribute is empty and click Save. For example, if the FIRSTNAME attribute of one of your contacts is Patrick, the FIRSTNAME placeholder will be replaced by Patrick.
- Media. Supported formats are:
- Images: JPG, JPEG, PNG (5MB)
- Documents: PDF (100MB)
- Video: MP4 (16MB)
Add text to the body of your message (up to 1,024 characters) and personalize it by using emojis or bold, italics, strikethrough formatting, and variables.
Toggle the Buttons option to add up to 2 call-to-action buttons to your WhatsApp message. You can either add a:
- Link. Enter the text that contains the link in the Button text field and then enter the URL.
- Call number. Enter the text that contains the phone number in the Button text field and then enter the Phone number.
✅ Submit your message for approval
Most of the time, it will only take a few minutes for WhatsApp AI to approve your message. However, in some cases, WhatsApp will need to manually review your message before approving or rejecting it. This manual review can take up to 24 hours.
Once your message is approved by WhatsApp, you'll receive a notification in Sendinblue, as well as an email.
What happens if my message is rejected by WhatsApp?
If your message is rejected by WhatsApp, your message will appear as "suspended" in Sendinblue. You'll also receive a notification in Sendinblue, as well as an email. The reason for the rejection of your WhatsApp campaign will be stated there.
Taking into account that reason, you'll need to modify your message and submit it for approval again.
📅 Schedule your campaign
To schedule your campaign:
- Click on Schedule.
- Select the date when you would like your campaign to be sent on.
- Select the time when you would like your campaign to be sent on. The time zone is specified below the time.
- Once you're done, click on Schedule.
Your campaign will appear as Scheduled on your campaign listing page until it is sent.