With Sendinblue, you can create WhatsApp campaigns to send advertising and information messages to your contacts.
WhatsApp is the most preferred communication channel with more than 2 billion users and potential contacts. By launching a WhatsApp campaign, you can:
- Get better brand connections and engagement, with instant recognition;
- Use 1:1 personalized communications, reaching customers where they are;
- Take advantage of more formats than SMS and better engagement than email or SMS.
Before you start
- Make sure you've already linked your WhatsApp Business account to Sendinblue. To learn more, check our dedicated article Link your WhatsApp Business account to Sendinblue.
- To learn the best practices to create WhatsApp messages, check out our dedicated article Best practices for WhatsApp messages.
🛠️ Set up your campaign
To set up your campaign:
- In your Sendinblue account, go to Campaigns > WhatsApp.
- Click on Create campaign.
- Choose a name for your campaign (up to 60 characters). This name will only be visible to you, not to your recipients.
- Select the language in which you are going to send your campaign. This setting can be changed later if necessary.
- Click on Begin.
🧑🤝🧑Select your recipients
To select your recipients:
- In the To section, click on Edit.
- Select one or several lists of recipients you want to send your WhatsApp campaign to.
- Optional: to exclude one or several lists of recipients you don't want to send your WhatsApp campaign to, click on Exclude lists and select the desired list(s) of recipients to exclude.
- Click on Save.
🖌️ Design your message
Step 1: Select a design option
We offer two options to design your WhatsApp message: you can either reuse a message from an existing campaign by using it as-is or editing it, or you can create your message from scratch.
In the Design section, click on Edit and select one of the two options to design your message:
Use an existing message
- Select Use an existing message.
- In the drop-down list, select the campaign from which you want to reuse the message.
- Click on Open editor.
Start creating from scratch
- Select Start creating from scratch.
- Click on Open editor.
Step 2: Create your message in the editor
Add text to the body of your message (up to 1,024 characters) and personalize it by using emojis or bold, italics, and strikethrough formatting.
✅ Submit your message for approval
Most of the time, it will only take a few minutes for WhatsApp AI to approve your message. However, in some cases, WhatsApp will need to manually review your message before approving or rejecting it. This manual review can take up to 24 hours.
Once your message is approved by WhatsApp, you'll receive a notification in Sendinblue, as well as an email.
What happens if my message is rejected by WhatsApp?
If your message is rejected by WhatsApp, your message will appear as "suspended" in Sendinblue. You'll also receive a notification in Sendinblue, as well as an email. The reason for the rejection of your WhatsApp campaign will be stated there.
Taking into account that reason, you'll need to modify your message and submit it for approval again.
📅 Schedule your campaign
To schedule your campaign:
- Click on Schedule.
- Select the date when you would like your campaign to be sent on.
- Select the time when you would like your campaign to be sent on. The time zone is specified below the time.
- Once you're done, click on Schedule.
Your campaign will appear as Scheduled on your campaign listing page until it is sent.