As explained in our dedicated article Authenticate your domain to improve the deliverability of your emails (SPF, DKIM, DMARC), you must add DNS records to your web host to authenticate your domain.
In this article, we will explain how to authenticate your domain on IONOS.
Before you start
- The DKIM key generated when adding your domain is a standard 1024-bit DKIM key. If you want to use a 2048-bit DKIM key to enhance your email security, ask our support team to activate it for your account. Your 2048-bit DKIM key will appear in your generated DNS records for email authentication.
- If you're unfamiliar with domain authentication, check out our dedicated article About domain authentication (DKIM, SPF).
- Verify your domain using DNS records, a hosted file, or an email verification code. You can verify and authenticate your domain simultaneously with DNS records. To learn more, check our dedicated article Verify your domain to approve new senders automatically.
👆Step 1: Access the Domains page
To access the Domains page:
- In Sendinblue, click on your name at the top-right side of the screen.
- Select Senders & IP.
- Click Domains.
⚙️ Step 2: Generate the DNS records
To generate the DNS records that you will use to authenticate your domain:
- Click Add a domain.
- Enter the domain name you wish to use to sign your emails and click Save. In our example, we are using the domain domain.com.
- The DNS records (Sendinblue code, DKIM, and SPF) that need to be added to your domain host display.
Under the domain name that you want to use, you will either need to click:
- Authenticate, if you already verified your domain, or
- Verify, if you haven't verified your domain yet.
The DNS records (DKIM and SPF) that need to be added to your domain host display.
🚀 Step 3: Add the DNS records to your domain host
If you haven't verified your domain before, follow Step 2 from our dedicated article Verify your domain. We highly recommend using DNS records to verify your domain as it allows you to verify and authenticate your domain simultaneously.
- Open a new window in your navigator and access your IONOS account.
- Click on Menu and select Domaines & SSL.
- Select the domain name that you want to delegate.
- Go to the DNS tab.
- Click Add record.
- Create two DNS entries of TXT type: DKIM and SPF.
- In the Host Name field, paste the hostname as it appears under DKIM record and SPF record, respectively.
- In the Value field, paste the generated Value code under DKIM record and SPF record, respectively.
- Leave the TTL field as is and click Save.
- Go back to Sendinblue and click Verify & Authenticate or Authenticate.
- Once the configuration is complete, a green check appears next to the Value fields for DKIM and SPF records.
Your domain has been authenticated, and your emails will now be signed with your own domain name in your recipients' mailbox! 🚀⬇️
⏭ What's next?
- About domain authentication (DKIM, SPF)
- Verify your domain to approve new senders automatically
- Setting up a dedicated IP in Sendinblue
- Create a new sender