Value-added tax, also known as VAT or TVA, is a tax paid for the consumption of goods and services in the European Union. The tax rate is determined by the buyer's location within the European Union. Customers based outside the EU are not charged VAT.
How can I add my VAT number in Sendinblue?
Your first opportunity to add your VAT number will be during account registration. If you forgot to add your VAT number during this step, please add it asap in your billing information as explained below.
In Sendinblue, after you've defined your plan and customized your offer, you need to confirm your Billing information before finalizing your order.
After you've entered your name, company and address, you can add your VAT number.
I forgot to add my VAT number during registration, where can I add it?
Go to your Sendinblue account.
- Click the name of your company in the top-right corner, then click My plan
- Click the Billing Information tab
- Enter your VAT number at the bottom of the page
- Click Save to validate your information
Is my VAT number correct?
How to check if I have to pay VAT in my country?
The VAT only applies to clients inside the European Union and varies according to the European country the client lives in.
Customers that do not provide their VAT number will be charged their local VAT rate. For example, an Italian company that did not provide their VAT number would have the Italian VAT rate applied to their Sendinblue invoice.
Clients from other countries outside the European Union do not pay VAT at all. Sendinblue will automatically adapt the tax to your country.
Why have I been charged VAT?
You may have been charged VAT because:
- You didn't fill a VAT number. Please add your VAT number in your billing information.
- You entered a wrong VAT number. Please check if your VAT number is correct and update it in your billing information.
- Your VAT number is not registered for intra-UE transactions. Please check if your VAT number can be found in VIES (VAT Information Exchange System) and do the needed actions to register for VIES.
Please be aware that we do not refund the VAT if you don't fill your VAT number in your profile.
Can I get a VAT refund from past invoices?
Unfortunately once your invoice has been issued, we won't be able to refund the VAT. Please make sure you have added your valid VAT number in your billing information before making a purchase as explained in How can I add my VAT number in Sendinblue?
I'm not supposed to pay VAT, what should I do?
If you're based in a non-EU country, you won't have to pay VAT. Sendinblue will automatically adapt the tax to your country, so you don't have to do anything as a non-EU resident.
I don't have a VAT number
You can tick the box I don't have a VAT number if you don't have one. A VAT percentage will automatically be added to your invoices according to your registration country.