In this article, we will explain how to create a segment in Sendinblue.
Creating segments allows you to filter contacts that meet specific criteria and perform actions on them, such as sending them email campaigns based on their interests and behavior.
Create a segment
Step 1: Create your first condition
In our example, we will create a segment for contacts who clicked any of your email campaigns containing the tag “discount” in the last 3 months.
To create a segment:
- Go to Contacts > Segments.
- Click Create a segment.
- Click + Add a condition to select your criterion.
- In the drop-down list, choose between:
- Properties: filter your contacts based on a contact attribute.
- Events: filter your contacts based on their behavior with your emails.
- Select a criterion, operator(s), and action(s).
For our example, we selected:
- Click Validate this condition.
A list of contacts who meet these criteria will appear below the segment.
Step 2: Add more criteria (optional)
If necessary, you can define more criteria in your segment to make it more specific and get more relevant results:
- AND conditions are useful to add dependent conditions to the main condition. To add an AND condition, click + The people are/have also and select a criterion, operator(s), and action(s).
- OR conditions are useful to include either of your conditions, or all simultaneously. To add an OR condition, click + Add people to the group and select a criterion, operator(s), and action(s).
Step 3: Save your segment
- Once you're done creating your segment, click Save segment.
- Name your segment.
- Save it in an existing category or create a new one.
- Click Confirm.
Once saved, you can then:
- load your new segment from the new contacts listing page and perform actions on the segmented contacts, or
- use your new segment to send an email campaign to the segmented contacts.