In this article, we will explain how to automatically send an email to contacts who open or click one of your email campaigns.
When a contact interacts with one of your email campaigns, you may want to send them an exclusive offer. Regularly sending out rewards ensures that your contacts stay engaged and continue to invest in your business, resulting in in better customer retention.
Before you start
- We advise you to create your email template before starting this procedure as you will be asked to choose or create a template in Step 2 below.
Select the Marketing Activity workflow
To select the Marketing Activity workflow:
- Go to Automation
- Click Create a workflow
- Select the Marketing Activity workflow
- Click Start Automating
From now on, you will automatically be guided through 2 steps to create your Marketing Activity workflow.
Step 1: Contact interacts with your email (entry point)
The entry point for the Marketing Activity workflow is Email Marketing Activity. Sendinblue automatically records when a contact opens or clicks one of your email campaign. These statistics are available in the report of each of your email campaigns.
To add your entry point:
- Select the type of interaction:
- Opened: send an email to contacts who simply opened your email campaign.
- Clicked: send an email to contacts who opened your email campaign AND clicked one of the link inside of it.
- If you selected Opened, select the email campaign you want to track.
- If you selected Clicked, select the email campaign and the link(s) you want to track.
- Click OK.
Step 2: Select the email you want to send to your contacts
The next step in the Marketing Activity workflow is to send an email. You will have to choose the email template you want to send to your contacts.
To select the email template you want to send to your contacts:
- Select an email template between:
- An email template you have already created,
- Or directly create a new email template from scratch.
- If necessary, select the following options:
- I want to send a hidden copy of this email: select this option if you want to receive a copy of the welcome email every time a contact receives it. You can send a hidden copy of the email to specific recipients separated by commas or to contacts that contain a certain contact attribute.
- I want to choose when to send this email:
- Send at the best time (available for Premium and Enterprise plans): we maximize the open rate by delivering your emails at the optimal time for each recipient over a 24 hour period.
- Choose a specific time frame: you can choose when you want to send the email, for example any day of the week at 8 am.
- Use my event data to customize the email: select this option if you want to customize your email with a set of values generated from a previous step or from the entry point of your workflow.
For example, if you inserted a placeholder for the contact's name in your email template, it will be automatically replaced by the actual contact's name at the time your email is sent.
- Once you are done, click FINISH.
You can then update the workflow and add as many additional steps as possible (delay between the entry point and the sending of the email, conversion after a purchase, etc.).
Activate your workflow
Once you are done setting up your Marketing Activity workflow, you can activate it to test it and allow contacts to receive your welcome email.
To activate your workflow, click Status: Inactive and select Active.
Test your workflow (optional)
To make sure your workflow works well, you can test it yourself before activating it.
To test your workflow:
- Click Test the workflow.
- Enter the email address you want to test the workflow with.
- If you added a delay before the sending of your email, select Skip 'Wait For' steps.
- Click DONE.
You will receive the email in the next few minutes.