Installing the Sendinblue Tracker enables you to track, through Sendinblue, all of the pages on your website visited by your contacts. Once identified, contacts will be automatically added on Sendinblue and can be entered in your Marketing Automation workflows.
Google Tag Manager allows you to add tags and code snippets to your website without having to manually edit your site's code.
Before we start
- Make sure you've read our Introduction to Marketing Automation.
- There are 3 ways to install the Tracker on your website, we strongly recommend using the plugins, but the second recommended way is Google Tag Manager. You can find the other ways in our dedicated article What is Sendinblue Tracker and how can I install it?
- You only have to install the Tracker script once. If you have already installed it for Chat, you don't need to install it a second time. The script is the same for both Automation and Chat.
Integrate the Sendinblue script to Google Tag Manager
- Log in to your Google Tag Manager account and select the desired content
- Create a new tag, which you can name "Main Script – Sendinblue" for example
- Select the custom HTML tag
- In Sendinblue, copy the script that you find in Marketing Automation settings > Google Tag Manager > D. Copy the script
- Back in Google Tag Manager, paste the script in the space indicated.
- Select the All pages trigger to install this script on all of your website's pages
- Save this new tag and then publish the container
Identify your users
To target your communication, you first need the elements that allow you to do this. In short, you need to know your contacts. The first step vital to any further action is to identify them. Identifying your users means retrieving their email address, and other personal details.
You can check our dedicated article How to identify users for Marketing Automation and our technical documentation to learn how to identify your users.
If you want to check if everything is working fine, please check How to check if my contacts are identified.
Verify the tracker is working
You can now verify if everything is fine:
- Back in Sendinblue, go to Automation > Settings > Tracking code
- Select Google Tag Manager
- Click Verify at the bottom of the page
Please visit your website before clicking on the Verify button. This activity on your website provides sample data to confirm the tracking is working correctly.
🚀Create your Automation workflows
You're all set to create your Automation workflows! We've gathered all the Uses cases in this section.
⏩ What's next?
- How to identify users for Marketing Automation
- Automation use cases
- Creating a custom Automation workflow
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.