Installing the Sendinblue Tracker enables you to track, through Sendinblue, all of the pages on your website visited by your contacts. Once identified, contacts will be automatically added on Sendinblue and can be entered in your Marketing Automation workflows.
If you don't have a WordPress, Prestashop, Shopify website, or a tag integration solution such as Google Tag Manager, you can manually install the script onto your website.
We strongly advise you to ask your web developer to install the script, which should only take a few minutes.
Before we start
- Make sure you've read our Introduction to Marketing Automation.
- There are 3 ways to install the Tracker on your website, we strongly recommend using the plugins, but if your CMS is not one of our plugins, you will have to add the tracker manually thanks to this article. You can find the other 2 methods in the article What is Sendinblue Tracker and how can I install it?
- You only have to install the Tracker script once. If you have already installed it for Chat, you don't need to install it a second time. The script is the same for both Automation and Chat.
Copy the script & install it on your website
- You can find the script in the Marketing Automation settings > JS Tracker> A. Copy the following script
- Paste the tracker script into your website just before the </head> tag.
If you don't have a </head> tag, you can add the script just before the </body> tag.
Identify your users
To target your communication, you first need the elements that allow you to do this. In short, you need to know your contacts. The first step vital to any further action is to identify them. Identifying your users means retrieving their email address, and other personal details.
You can check our dedicated article How to identify users for Marketing Automation and our technical documentation to learn how to identify your users.
If you want to check if everything is working fine, please check How to check if my contacts are identified.
Track the events
The general tracker and use of the Identify method are enough to build workflows based on the pages visited or on information provided during subscription. However, you can configure Sendinblue Automation to gather more specific information about the behavior of users who visit the website.
The 3 custom events you want to track are:
Please refer to our dedicated article Advanced tracking for Marketing Automation.
Once the script has been added, you can first visit your website to make sure we get sample data to confirm the tracking is working and then verify in Sendinblue.
- Back in Sendinblue, go to Automation > Settings > Tracking code
- Select Tracker JS
- Click Verify at the bottom of the page
Please visit your website before clicking on the Verify button. This activity on your website provides sample data to confirm the tracking is working correctly.
If the message "We could not detect the script, please try to install it again" is displayed, you need to verify that you pasted the script on your website and try again.
Checking the logs
Another way to check that it works properly by looking at the uploaded data in the Logs on Sendinblue.
Wait a few minutes after installing the script before checking to see if "page" data has been uploaded in the event logs.
You can also check yourself by logging onto your Sendinblue account and then visiting your website.
🚀Create your Automation workflows
You're all set to create your Automation workflows! We've gathered all the Uses cases in this section.
⏩ What's next?
- How to identify users for Marketing Automation
- Automation use cases
- Creating a custom Automation workflow
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.