In this article, we will explain how to reduce the size of your email to prevent it from being clipped in Gmail by minifying your email HTML code.
Gmail automatically clips all emails with a message size larger than 102KB. This means that your recipients do not see all the content of your email, unless they click the link at the bottom. It then becomes easier for them to mark your email as spam rather than unsubscribe from your campaigns.
If you have already followed all our recommandations and your emails are still being clipped in Gmail, you may need to minify the HTML code of your email before sending it. Minifying your email HTML allows you to reduce the file size of your email by removing unnecessary code, characters and spacing, and therefore minimize the chances of Gmail clipping your email.
Before you start
- Only minify your email HTML if the content of your email is finalized. Otherwise, you might have to start all over again if you forgot a small modification.
Minify your email HTML code
- From the Design step of your email campaign, click Preview > View the HTML Code
- Copy the HTML code of your email displayed in the window
- Go to https://www.willpeavy.com/tools/minifier/
- Paste the HTML code of your email on this tool
- Click Minify
- Copy the new HTML code provided by the tool
Create a new email campaign
- Create a new email campaign by clicking Campaigns > Create Email Campaign
- At the Design step of your new email campaign, click Code your own > Paste your code
- Paste the new HTML code provided by the tool
You are now ready to schedule your campaign!