We strongly recommend using a captcha (reCAPTCHA) confirmation to prevent spambots from adding fake data to your lists.
In this tutorial, we will show you how you can create a reCaptcha on Google and then add reCaptcha to your Sendinblue form.
Create your reCaptcha on Google
- Go to https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin/create and log into your Google account.
- Add a Label to your form.
- Select reCAPTCHA v2.
Note: reCAPTCHA v3 is not supported in Sendinblue.
- Choose the type of reCaptcha you need.
- You will fill the Domains field according to the way you will share your form (Form > step 6 Share).
- If you want to share your form using Quick Share or Iframe: add the domain sibforms.com. It is the domain Sendinblue uses to host the form.
- If you want to integrate your form with HTML or Simple HTML: add the domain of the website where you will display the form. Example: If you will add the form on http://www.website.com, you would add website.com in this field.
Note: If you're not sure how you will share the form, you can add both the above domains.
- (Optional) Add other Owners if needed. Owners will have ownership rights over the site key. Each email address must be associated with a Google account.
- Accept the reCAPTCHA Terms of Service.
- Click Submit.
Your reCaptcha is created! You will now see a page displaying the Site Key and Secret Key. You will use these keys in the following step to configure reCaptcha within the form.
💡 Good to knowThe site key and secret key can be used across multiple forms.
Add reCaptcha to your Sendinblue form
- Drag and drop the Captcha block in your form.
- Copy and paste the Site Key and Secret Key from the previous procedure in their respective fields.
- Select Label to add a label to your reCaptcha.
- Select Help Text to add a caption below your reCaptcha.
- Select Invisible Captcha only if you have chosen "Invisible reCaptcha badge" when you created your reCaptcha on Google.
You may receive these error messages once you share the form :
- Invalid domain for site key: please check your domain field.
- Invalid key type: if you select reCAPTCHA v3, you may receive this error message on your form. Only reCAPTCHA v2 is supported.
⏩ What's next?
- Create a subscription form - Introduction to subscription forms
- Create a subscription form - Part 1: Set up your subscription form
- Create a subscription form - Part 2: Design your subscription form
- Create a subscription form - Part 3: Select your list
- Create a subscription form - Part 4: Add a double opt-in confirmation to your form
- Create a subscription form - Part 5: Share your form
- Create a subscription form - FAQ
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.