In this article, we will explain how to use Google fonts in your email. These fonts are available within the editor in addition to the standard web safe fonts such as Arial, Verdana, Georgia.
Before you start
- Make sure you're on the new version of the Drag & Drop Editor:
✅ New Drag & Drop Editor
❌ Classic Drag & Drop Editor
(check this article)
- The following email clients support Google fonts:
- Apple Mail
- iOS Mail
- Google Android
- Samsung Mail (Android 8.0)
- Outlook for Mac
- Outlook App
How to add Google fonts in your email?
You can add Google fonts from the Design tab but also fallback fonts in case your recipients cannot see the font you have chosen first. Please note that at the moment you can only add Google fonts to the [New design] Drag & Drop Editor.
- Go to Design > Text Appearance.
- In one of the drop-down menus (paragraph or headings), click + Manage fonts.
- Search for the desired font and select it in the list.
- Optional: From the Fallback for all web fonts section, select from the lists the fonts you would like to use as fallback fonts for Headings and others texts in case your recipients cannot see the font you have chosen first.
- Click Add to list.
You can now use the new selected font(s) from your font list and apply it to any text in your email.