When you're comfortable enough with the landing page settings and arrangement, you can use the advanced options described below.
We've created a series of articles to help you build your landing pages.
- Preface: What is a Landing Page?
- Part 1: Set up your Landing Page
- Part 2: Define the structure on your Landing Page
- Part 3: Edit the settings of all the elements of your Landing Page
- Part 4: Add a form & use advanced options - YOU ARE HERE
- Part 5: Publish your Landing Page
In this article we'll see the following advanced options:
- Add a form to create a lead generation page
- Multi pages landing page
- Device based rendering
- Customize mobile display
Add a form to create a lead generation page
Forms will allow you to retrieve email addresses and automatically sort them into your lists in Sendinblue.
If you are creating a lead generation landing page, start by adding a Form element:
|Either add a new Section > Filter pre-made sections > Forms then choose a predefined section that can be edited to fit your desire.||Or start from scratch by adding a new Element > Form.|
In this part, you will choose where to store the contacts you'll retrieve with the form, and the form itself: add and order fields, make them mandatory or not, add help text, etc.
To access the settings Manage Fields, click your form in the landing page editor. We'll describe below the different options you will find there.
Choose your contact list
Note that the form created with the landing page builder will not appear on the API & forms page of your Sendinblue account.
Set up the fields
Next, for the data you wish to collect, you will add the different fields to your lead generation form.
7. According to each field, you will have different settings:
- Label: change the name of the label that is displayed above the field
- Placeholder: type the text that is displayed in your field. By default, it is the same text as your label.
- Help text: type the text that is displayed underneath your field. This can be useful for suggestions.
- Default value: this is the value that will be synchronized in your Sendinblue contact list if your visitor does not fill the field.
- URL Param: this is the value that will be automatically inserted into the form field. Your user may override, if they choose.
Redirection when submitting the form
In Redirect Options, you can choose where your users will be redirected when they submit they contact details (when they click the Call-to-Action button):
- Page in the funnel = Select Funnel page in the dropdown list
- External URL = Type the link of the page.
With the double opt-in option:
- Your new subscriber enters their email address into your form.
- The subscriber must click the link in a confirmation email to be added to your Sendinblue email list.
The dropdown list allows you to choose the design of your fields: none, outlined, curved outline, underlined with background, underlined no background.
Your form can also be displayed as a horizontal form. If you choose a horizontal form, we recommend removing the labels of your fields.
To change the background color, go to the column settings as explained in Part 3: Edit the settings of all the elements of your landing page.
Form Subscription Controls
Update existing contacts on form submission: from there, you can choose to update existing contacts when they submit their forms. It is essential to tick this box if you want to update your contact's information when they fill the form.
You can also disable the re-CAPTCHA.
Tracking will give you the opportunity to insert your tracking scripts in certain parts of the page.
Services such as Facebook and Google Analytics require you to have the script in the head tag, while other services may require it to be in the body. Please refer to their directions carefully on where they want the script to be placed.
To access the tracking part, go to Settings at the bottom-left of your page and click the Tracking tab:
Multi pages landing page
If you want to add additional pages to create a funnel, go to the left sidebar and click on the Manage pages tab, then click on + CREATE A BLANK PAGE.
Device based rendering
Once your landing page is complete, the desktop, tablet and smartphone icons at the top right allow you to test your landing page rendering on different devices.
Thanks to the buttons Desktop / Mobile at the top, you can test the rendering of your landing page on desktop, tablet, and smartphone.
Note that if you hide on Mobile or Tablet, the section will show in preview and in the builder in case you need to make edits. However, on the live page after launching, it will not be displayed.
You can choose to display blocks or not according to the device, more details in our article Part 3: Edit the settings of all the elements of your landing page > Visibility.