This integration is only available on our Enterprise plan.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to sync a contact list on Sendinblue via an SFTP/FTP server in a matter of minutes and without a single line of code. This will help you to keep your contacts always up-to-date on Sendinblue.
Good to know
- Currently we support on csv (comma-separated values) files, i.e. each value in your file must be separated by a comma only. We currently don’t support ";" or tab separated values.
- Your file must contain some data in order for you to be able to see attributes in mapping step.
Setting up the FTP Contacts Integration
Add the FTP Integration
To get your integration up and running, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Click on the + icon on the top menu
- Click on the Integrations tab.
- If you've already created integrations, click Browse Integrations, otherwise skip to step 4.
- Select the FTP contacts integration from the Integrations page.
- Enter an integration name as shown below.
- Click Create Integration button to move on to the Integration Creation page.
Connect to your FTP server
- To Connect your remote host, fill in your credentials:
- Host (URL or IP address),
- Port (optional)
Use the Quick connect button to connect to the entered FTP host.
After a few seconds, you will see a success or a failure message as a result of the connection attempt:
✅ If the connection was successful, click Continue.
❗️ If your credentials are wrong, you won't be able to proceed and will have to provide the correct credentials. This error message will be displayed: "Impossible to connect to the server".
Select a File
- Select the file from your remote host that you want to sync contacts with. You have to choose the following two things.
- Select a folder: Click on the first drop-down to see the list of available folders/directories in your FTP account. You will also see the root folder as `/`.
- Select a file: Once you have selected a folder, you can select a file from the second drop-down. You can select a .csv or .txt file.
You can also add a new file in your FTP account and click the refresh button on the right to refresh the list of files.
After you provide the file and folder, an Opt-in Agreement will appear.
- Check the agreement box (Opt-in Agreement) to sync contacts in the file with your Sendinblue account.
- Click Continue.
Map your remote file data fields with your Sendinblue contacts attributes
- Map your Sendinblue contact attributes with your FTP attributes using the drop-down lists.
- Click Continue.
Select a Sendinblue Contact list
- You can select an existing list or create a new one using the tabs. Your remote file contacts will be imported and synced to this list.
- Click Continue.
Set Import Frequency
- Choose how frequently the selected FTP file will be read from the server and synced with your Sendinblue list. You can specify when your files should be read and synched:
- Specific days of the week: you can select the day(s) the time at which the file should be read and synched.
- Specific day of the month: you can specify a single day of the month and the time at which the file should be read and synched.
- Once the import frequency is set, click Continue.
Save your integration
You're almost finished, just click Save and Activate now. You will be redirected to the Integrations page, where you can view the newly created integration.
Your monthly quota:
- There’s a global limit on how much data, your integrations can pull or sync with. This limit is set to 100,000 tasks/month. You'll receive an email notification when you reach 80% of your monthly quota. If you exceed this limit, your integrations will be stopped and you'll receive a new email notification informing you about that.
- To increase your monthly quota, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to reach our support team at email@example.com.