In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to use the Intercom integration to sync users on Intercom with Sendinblue. This can be helpful in order to automatically transfer information between the two apps.
Setting up the Intercom Users Integration
To get your integration up and running, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Click on the + icon on the top menu and then click on the Integrations tab.
- Select the Intercom users integration from the Integrations page.
- Enter an integration name as shown below. After providing a name, click the Create Integration button to move on to the Integration Creation page.
- Connect your Intercom account
- Click on Connect Your Account to connect your Intercom account.
- Enter your credentials on the Intercom login page that just appeared.
- Click on Log In.
- Click the Continue button to move to the next step.
- Configure Intercom
- Check the Opt-In Agreement box. Once the integration runs, the users in your Intercom account will be synced to your Sendinblue account.
- Click the Continue button.
- Map your Intercom data fields with your Sendinblue contact attributes
- Select the corresponding Intercom field from the drop-down displayed to map with each contact attribute on Sendinblue.
- Click the Continue button
- Select a Sendinblue Contact List:
- You can select an existing list or create a new one. Your Intercom users will be imported and synced to this list.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Save your integration
- Save and activate the integration by clicking the Save and Activate button.
- You will be redirected to the Integrations page, where you can view the newly created integration.
Your monthly quota:
- There’s a global limit on how much data, your integrations can pull or sync with. This limit is set to 100,000 tasks/month. You'll receive an email notification when you reach 80% of your monthly quota. If you exceed this limit, your integrations will be stoped and you'll receive a new email notification informing you about that.
- To increase your monthly quota, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contacts created in Sendinblue will not be reflected in Intercom.
- Creating or deleting multiple users in Intercom will not be reflected in Sendinblue.
- If email attributes are updated in Intercom through a CSV file, new users will be created in Intercom. These new users will not be reflected in Sendinblue.
- Unsubscribing multiple users in Intercom will not be reflected in Sendinblue.
- Resubscribing one or more users in Intercom is also not supported in this integration.
- Date-type fields do not appear in the mapping step. Intercom & Sendinblue support different date formats so this may result in error performing updates, contact creation, etc.
- The boolean, as well as list-type fields from Intercom, are not supported and will not appear in the mapping step either.
- Archiving a user by selecting it through the list view in Intercom will delete the corresponding contact in Sendinblue. However, archiving or permanently deleting a user from its details page will not reflect the deletion in Sendinblue.
- When you import multiple users from Intercom to Sendinblue, the last few pages of users will skip the import, because of a response limitation from Intercom. So if you import 5k users, the last 300 will not be imported to Sendinblue.
- You can only update the email attribute of a user in Intercom if it has an associated User ID.
Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to reach our support team at email@example.com.