This integration is only available on our Enterprise plan.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to use the Salesforce integration to sync contacts on Salesforce with Sendinblue. This can be helpful in order to automatically transfer information between the two apps.
Setting up the Salesforce Integration
To get your integration up and running, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Click on the + icon on the top menu and then click on the Integrations tab.
- Select the Salesforce Contacts integration from the Integrations page.
- Enter an integration name. After providing a name, click the Create Integration button to move on to the Integration Creation page.
- Connect your Salesforce account
- Click Connect Your Account to connect your Salesforce account.
- Enter your credentials on the Salesforce login page that just appeared. Make sure your account has the Salesforce API enabled. Find more information about it here.
- Click on Log In.
- Click the Continue button to move to the next step.
- Configure Salesforce
- Check the Opt-In Agreement box. Once the integration runs, the contacts in your Salesforce account will be synced to your Sendinblue account.
- Click the Continue button.
- Map your Salesforce data fields with your Sendinblue contact attributes
- Select the corresponding Salesforce field from the drop-down displayed to map with each contact attribute on Sendinblue.
- Click the Continue button
- Select a Sendinblue Contact List:
- You can select an existing list or create a new one. Your Salesforce contacts will be imported and synced to this list.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Save your integration
- Save and activate the integration by clicking the Save and Activate button.
- You will be redirected to the Integrations page, where you can view the newly created integration.
Your monthly quota:
- There’s a global limit on how much data, your integrations can pull or sync with. This limit is set to 100,000 tasks/month. You'll receive an email notification when you reach 80% of your monthly quota. If you exceed this limit, your integrations will be stoped and you'll receive a new email notification informing you about that.
- To increase your monthly quota, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account.
There are a few additional points that you should be aware of while integrating Salesforce contacts with Sendinblue:
- Contacts created in Sendinblue will not be reflected in Salesforce.
- Updating the email field of multiple contacts in bulk on Salesforce will not be reflected in Sendinblue.
- You can update any date type attribute in Sendinblue. However, this attribute should have the format of YYYY-MM-DD for the update to be reflected in Salesforce. For example, if you want to update the "Birthdate" attribute of a contact, the date "1990-09-25" is in the correct format.
- The "Last Name" attribute for a contact should not be left blank in Sendinblue if it is mapped in the integration. If this attribute is removed and set to blank in Sendinblue, the change will not be reflected in Salesforce.
- After the integration is created, it is possible to remove the email attribute for a contact in Salesforce. However, this will cause no future updates to be reflected in Salesforce or Sendinblue for that contact as email is a required field.
- If you update the "Phone Number" attribute in Salesforce and set it to blank, this change will not be reflected in Sendinblue.
- You can add the same Salesforce account in the "Connect Account" step of the integration up to a maximum combined number of 5 times for Salesforce leads and Salesforce contacts.
- The "First Name" attribute for a lead in Salesforce has a maximum limit of 40 characters. So if you update a contact in Sendinblue and set the first name attribute to more than 40 characters, the change will not be reflected in Salesforce and the integration status will return an error.
- The phone number attribute must be 6-16 digits. If you create or update a lead in Salesforce with a phone number not following this format, it will not be reflected in Sendinblue.
- Just like a contact or a lead, another entity named "Case" exists in Salesforce. It is not possible to delete a contact in Salesforce that has an attached case to it. If you delete such a contact in Sendinblue, this deletion will not be reflected in Salesforce.
- The boolean (Yes/No) and category (dropdown) type fields are currently not supported for syncing.