In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to use the Mailchimp integration to sync contacts on Mailchimp with Sendinblue. This can be helpful in order to automatically transfer information between the two apps.
Setting up the Mailchimp Integration
To get your integration up and running, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Click on the + icon on the top menu and then click on the Integrations tab.
- Select the Mailchimp Contacts integration from the Integrations page.
- Enter an integration name. After providing a name, click the Create Integration button to move on to the Integration Creation page.
- Connect your Mailchimp account
- Click on Connect Your Account to connect your Mailchimp account.
- Enter your credentials on the Mailchimp login page that just appeared.
- Click on Log In.
- Click the Continue button to move to the next step.
- Select the Mailchimp Contact list
- Select the list in your Mailchimp account that you want to sync with your contacts.
- Check the Opt-In Agreement box. Once the integration runs, the contacts in this list will be synced to your Sendinblue account.
- Click the Continue button.
- Map your Mailchimp data fields with your Sendinblue contact attributes
- Select the corresponding Mailchimp field from the drop-down displayed to map with each contact attribute on Sendinblue.
- Click the Continue button
- Select a Sendinblue Contact List:
- You can select an existing list or create a new one. Your Mailchimp contacts will be imported and synced to this list.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Save your integration
- Save and activate the integration by clicking the Save and Activate button.
- You will be redirected to the Integrations page, where you can view the newly created integration.
Your monthly quota:
- There’s a global limit on how much data, your integrations can pull or sync with. This limit is set to 100,000 tasks/month. You'll receive an email notification when you reach 80% of your monthly quota. If you exceed this limit, your integrations will be stoped and you'll receive a new email notification informing you about that.
- To increase your monthly quota, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contacts created in Sendinblue will not be reflected in Mailchimp.
- Updating or creating multiple contacts in Mailchimp will not be reflected in Sendinblue.
- The phone number attribute must be 6-16 digits. If you create or update a contact in Mailchimp with a phone number not following this format, it will not be reflected in Sendinblue.
- The address attribute does not appear in the mapping step as it is a collection of multiple fields like “ZIP” and “Street No” in Mailchimp. This attribute can't be synced with Sendinblue.
- The boolean (Yes/No) and category (dropdown) type fields are currently not supported for syncing.
Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to reach our support team at email@example.com.