In Sendinblue, you can easily automate the creation of tasks using an Automation workflow that includes the Create a task step.
Automating the creation of tasks can help you save time and be more efficient by responding to lead and customer inquiries more quickly, as you are automatically reminded of any important tasks you might have. It also reduces the need for manual data entry and other repetitive tasks, allowing you to focus on more high-value tasks that require your expertise and judgment.
Good to know
- To learn what pre-made workflow templates are available and how to use them, check our dedicated help center section.
- To learn how to create your own custom workflow, check our dedicated article.
- To learn about the entry points, actions, and conditions available in Automation, check our dedicated articles:
To start with, you can take a look at our video tutorial on how to create a workflow to automatically create tasks in Sales CRM 🚀.
In our example below, we create a workflow to automate the creation of a task called "Get back to client" after a contact fills in our subscription form and is added to our contact list called "My CRM list".
1️⃣ Start creating your workflow
- Go to Automation.
- Click Create a workflow.
- Select if you want to use a workflow template or create a custom workflow:
- Workflow template: select a template and click Create.
- Custom workflow: click Create a custom workflow, set it up, and indicate an entry point. In our example, we added the entry point A contact submits a form.
- (Optional) Add any steps you'd like your contacts to go through before reaching the Create a task step. In our example, we added the step A contact is added to a list and selected our "My CRM list".
2️⃣ Add the "Create a task" step
To be able to automatically create a task, you need to add the Create a task step to your workflow:
- Click +.
- Select Perform a CRM action > Create a task.
- Set up your task:
- Category: select what type of task you want to create (Email, Call, Todo, Meeting, Lunch, or Deadline.)
- (Optional) Title: enter the name of your task. The placeholder text will be the default value if you don't specify a name.
- Due date: select a due date for the task (immediate or a certain number of days after the task is created). You can also select the duration of the task.
- (Optional) Notes: add some information about the task, e.g. important details that you shouldn't forget to tell the client.
- (Optional) Assignment: select whether the task should be assigned to the contact owner, to a specific user, or if it shouldn't be assigned.
- Click Ok.
- (Optional) Add any steps you'd like your contacts to go through after reaching the Create a task step.
- Once you're done creating the workflow, click Activate the workflow.
Now, anytime your contacts will go through the workflow, a task will be automatically created on your Sales CRM.
⏩ What's next?
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.