In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to send transactional emails with the Sendinblue package for Joomla. You'll be able to improve your deliverability by sending transactional emails through Sendinblue SMTP.
Before getting started
You will need the following information prior to installation and use:
- Sendinblue account credentials. If you don't have one, sign up for free.
- Sendinblue SMTP password following the instructions here.
- Joomla website admin panel access.
- Follow these steps to install the Joomla package.
Good to know: Your Sendinblue account needs to be activated to send transactional emails. If it is not activated, contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account.
1. Set up SMTP password
From your Joomla admin, on the Sendinblue Dashboard, click on the SMTP settings icon to set up your transactional emails.
Paste your SMTP password and click on the Set Joomla mail settings button. The Joomla configuration will be updated.
Good to know: The SMTP setup will overwrite your current Joomla mail configurations. If needed, you can easily revert back to the original settings by clicking on "Restore SMTP settings."
2. Send a test email
You can send a test email to confirm everything is running smoothly:
- Type in your email address in the Test email field.
- Click on the Send test email button.
- Check your emails.
This test email will also be recorded in the transactional logs of your Sendinblue account.
- Set up the tracking of your Joomla website activity to automate your follow-up marketing communications
Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to create a new issue here.
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.