In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to do a one-time syncing of users and contacts. We recommend creating a form with the Joomla package to automatically add new Joomla contacts to your Sendinblue list(s).
Before getting started
You will need the following information prior to installation and use:
- Sendinblue account credentials. If you don't have one, sign up for free.
- Joomla website admin panel access.
- Follow these steps to install the Joomla package.
Go to your Joomla admin, then to the Sendinblue Dashboard. Select the Export contacts icon.
- The feature will allow you to export Joomla user/contact and their data (i.e. email addresses and names).
- Keep in mind that a user/contact's unique identifier is their email address.
On the left side, you’ll choose the export options for your Joomla users and contacts. On the right side, you’ll choose which Sendinblue list(s) they will be added to, as well as how to manage existing users/contacts.
1. Export Joomla users
Set "Yes" or "No" for each option.
- Export all user groups
- By selecting "Yes", all user groups will be added to Sendinblue.
- By selecting "No", you have the option to choose specific user groups that will be added to added to Sendinblue.
- Export blocked - "No" is selected by default which means blocked users are not added to Sendinblue. If you select "Yes", all blocked contacts will be added to Sendinblue.
- Export ungrouped - "No" is selected by default. It means that all users that are not assigned to any user group will not be added to Sendinblue. If you select "Yes", they will be added to Sendinblue.
2. Export Joomla contacts
Set "Yes" or "No" for each option.
- Export all contacts categories
- By selecting "Yes", all contact categories will be added to Sendinblue.
- By selecting "No", you have the option to select contact categories that will be added to added to Sendinblue.
- Export unpublished - "No" is selected by default. Which means that all unpublished contacts will not be added to Sendinblue. If you select "Yes", they will be added to Sendinblue.
3. Lists options
- Export mode - this determines what to do with contacts that already exist in Sendinblue
- "Add to lists" - user/contact will remain in their existing Sendinblue lists in addition to being added to all newly selected lists.
- "Reassign to lists" - user/contact will be removed from their existing Sendinblue lists and instead, will be added to all newly selected lists.
- Use all lists
- By selecting "Yes", your Joomla users/contacts will be added to all of your Sendinblue lists.
- By selecting "No", you have the option to choose the Sendinblue list(s) where your Joomla users/contacts will be added. The list options will be displayed in the dropdown field.
Our contact, firstname.lastname@example.org is currently in List1, List2 and List3.
If they are in a group that is to be added to List1, List3 and List4, then:
- if export mode is set to "add to lists": email@example.com will be subscribed to all four: List1, List2, List3 and List4.
- if export mode is set to "reassign to lists": firstname.lastname@example.org will only be subscribed to List1, List3 and List4.
4. User/Contact name options
This option manages how your Joomla user/contact name will be split into Sendinblue attributes.
- Attribute first word - select FIRSTNAME in the dropdown menu
- Attribute rest of words - select LASTNAME in the dropdown menu
When you have finished selecting your export options, click on the Export contacts button.
- Grow your subscriber list by creating a form with the Joomla package and adding it to your website.
- Improve your deliverability by sending Joomla transactional emails via Sendinblue
- Set up the tracking of your Joomla website activity to automate your follow-up marketing communications
Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to create a new issue here.