In this article, you’ll learn how to capture new leads on your WordPress site and engage subscribers by integrating MailOptin with your SendinBlue account.
For example, by using MailOptin’s Lightbox Popup, Notification Bar and Slide-In widgets on your WordPress site, you can sync contacts to your SendinBlue lists, email subscribers when you publish a new post on your site, and more.
Before getting started
You will need to gather the following information prior to setting up the integration:
- SendinBlue account credentials. If you don't have one, sign up for free.
- Copy your SendinBlue API v3 key. Follow the instructions on how to do so here.
- MailOptin account credentials. If you don't have one, sign up here.
Connect the integration
Once you have copied the SendinBlue API v3 key, log into your MailOptin account and go to the Connection settings page by either clicking the sidebar menu link or top menu tabs.
In the SendinBlue Connection section, paste your API v3 key then click on the Save Changes button.
Create and style your form
From the Optin Campaign page, click the Add New button at the top to create an opt-in form.
Enter a title for the campaign and select a form design (in this tutorial, we'll select lightbox).
You will then be redirected to the form builder where you may customize the form that best suits your needs.
Sync your form with SendinBlue
Once you have finished customizing the form, open the Integration panel, select SendinBlue in the Email Provider dropdown and the SendinBlue List to subscribe users to. To display the form on your site, toggle the activate switch ON at the top (near the Save Changes button).
Your form fields will be added to SendinBlue as contact attributes:
- Email Field > EMAIL
- Name Field > FIRSTNAME and LASTNAME (if name is separated by a space)
Choose where to display your form
Navigate to the Display Rules panel.
- If you want the opt-in form to be displayed on every page of your WordPress site, select Globally load optin.
- Otherwise use the page level targeting and triggers to determine how and where on your site the opt-in form will be shown.
Save the changes.
Visit your website and you should see the form displayed. If it does not appear, be sure to clear your website and browser cache.
Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to reach the MailOptin support team by email: email@example.com.