In this article, we will explain how to manually subscribe or blacklist a contact from your email and SMS campaigns.
While you can manually subscribe or blacklist contacts, please note that Sendinblue will automatically blacklist contacts in the following cases:
- For emails:
- They have unsubscribed from your emails by using your unsubscription form
- They have marked your emails as spam
- An email to the contact resulted in a hard bounce
- For SMS:
- They have unsubscribed from your SMS by using your unsubscription form
- They have unsubscribed from your SMS by replying to your SMS campaign
You can also import a list of contacts to add to your blacklist.
Good to know
- To learn what a blacklisted contact is, read 🎥 What is a blacklisted contact?.
- In Contacts, all your blacklisted contacts appear in red with a icon on the left of their email address.
Manually subscribe or blacklist a specific contact
- Go to CRM > CRM Contacts or to Contacts
- Click the email address of a contact
- For email campaigns, click Email campaigns
- Select Subscribed to subscribe your contact to your email campaigns
- Select Blacklisted to blacklist your contact from your email campaigns
- For SMS campaigns, click SMS campaigns
- Select Subscribed to subscribe your contact to your SMS campaigns
- Select Blacklisted to blacklist your contact from your SMS campaigns
Manually blacklist several contacts
- Go to Contacts
- Check the box next to the contacts you want to blacklist
- Click Action
- Select Add to Blacklist
- Type BLACKLIST to confirm
- Click Yes, I want to blacklist these contacts
⏩ What's next?
- Why not delete contacts who are blacklisted?
- 🎥. Where can I view the list of blacklisted contacts?
- Remove a contact from your blacklist