To run Retargeting campaigns in SendinBlue with our ad network partner, AdRoll, your Privacy Notice needs to include statements for the following:
- When visitors come to your site, third parties (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on their browsers for targeted advertising purposes.
- A description of the types of data (IP addresses, cookie identifiers, website activity) that your site will collect.
- Instructions for how to opt out of receiving targeted advertising from you.
Why You Need a Privacy Notice
Because your Retargeting campaigns require access to certain types of tracking, the Digital Advertising Alliance Self Regulatory Program (enforced by the Better Business Bureau and the US Federal Trade Commission) requires that you let your visitors know. Your Privacy Notice requirement is also in the SendinBlue Terms of Service and AdRoll Terms of Service.
Where to Place Your Privacy Notice
A link to your Privacy Notice should be clearly visible on all site pages where you collect personal information and have your AdRoll Pixel.
Need help writing your Privacy Notice?
On ads served by AdRoll, people targeted by a SendinBlue user's ad campaign may look for an AdChoices logo (the blue triangle) in the corner of the ad. Click the logo to learn more about interest-based advertising, who served the ad, and manage your ad options. You can also opt out of seeing personalized ads from AdRoll (and other companies) using the NAI opt-out tool here. Please note you will still see ads even if you opt out, but they will not be personalized by AdRoll.
Your opt-out section can link to www.aboutads.info, networkadvertising.org/choices, or youronlinechoices.eu (in Europe only).
- Creating your first Retargeting campaign
- Retargeting Campaign Ad Content Guidelines
- Retargeting Campaign Landing Page Guidelines
- Retargeting Campaign Website Guidelines
- Business-specific Retargeting Campaign Guidelines (located on AdRoll.com)