In this article, we will explain what opt-in contacts mean in the email and SMS marketing industries and why you should pay attention to it.
Email and SMS marketing are some of the most effective marketing channels when used correctly. They are personal channels, and so are our email inboxes and phones. Due to this most countries have strict guidelines about which email addresses and SMS numbers you are allowed to have on your marketing list.
Introduction to opt-in contacts
Opt-in contacts are those who:
- Explicitly requested to receive emails or SMS about your brand or organization
- Made this request within the last two years
- Are expecting to hear from you about a particular topic.
Sendinblue users can ONLY upload opt-in contacts to their account. Why? Because
- It’s the right thing to do!
- And because campaigns sent to opt-in contacts are proven to provide the best results!
Opt-in contacts requirements
For SMS marketing
For SMS marketing, contacts need to be 100% opt-in with explicit consent given via an SMS subscription form.
For email marketing
Not sure if your contacts are opt-in for email marketing? Use this checklist to determine if it’s safe to upload your contacts to Sendinblue:
Contacts you CAN import
Contacts you CANNOT import