The Sendinblue Shopify plugin allows you to establish an effective email and/or SMS marketing strategy from your Shopify website. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Install and activate the module.
- Synchronize newsletter subscribers: the module automatically integrates with the newsletter subscription form on your website. Create and send email campaigns using an ultra-powerful responsive drag & drop editor.
- Synchronize orders: the module automatically uploads your Shopify sales into your Sendinblue account making it possible to segment your contacts based on sales generated.
- Chat: connect with your leads and customers in real time.
- Send transactional emails: optimize the deliverability of your messages (account creation, order confirmation, etc.)
- Send SMS: communicate with your customers across multiple channels, directly from your Shopify back office.
Before getting started
Gather the following information prior to installation and use:
- Sendinblue account credentials. If you don't have an account, sign up for free.
- Shopify website admin panel access.
1. Installing the plugin
Go to Shopify marketplace to install the free plugin. Click on the Add app button.
If you're not already logged in to your Shopify account, you will be asked to do so.
Finally, click on the Install app button to agree to install the plugin.
2. Activating the plugin
Activate the Sendinblue plugin by typing the email and password of your Sendinblue account. Check the "I'm not a robot" box, then click on Log in.
Once you are logged in, your Sendinblue login will be displayed under the Activation tab.
3. Synchronizing your contacts
Under the same tab, click on Sync My Customers to synchronize all opt-in Shopify contacts that have subscribed before the installation of the plugin.
A pop up will appear for you to select the Sendinblue list(s) where your contacts will be added. Click the Apply button after selecting your lists.
The plugin will sync all customers that are listed in the Customers > Accepts Marketing tab of your Shopify store.
Go to the plugin's Contacts Manager tab to activate subscriber management by Sendinblue. Select the list(s) where your new subscribers will be added. When you select "Yes", any new Shopify contacts will automatically be added to your Sendinblue account and will appear in the selected list(s).
Which contacts are synchronized?
- Contacts that have subscribed to your newsletter via the website default footer
- Contacts that have created a Shopify account and agreed to receive your newsletter
What data is synchronized?
If a contact has subscribed via the website default footer, only the EMAIL and CLIENT fields will be synchronized.
If a contact has created a Shopify account, the following fields will be synchronized:
- EMAIL - Email of the contact
- NAME - First name of the contact
- SURNAME - Last name of the contact
- CLIENT - Your Sendinblue account will display "1" as a value when the contact has made an order and "0" when the contact has never made an order.
- COMPANY - Company of the contact
- SMS - Phone number of the contact
- CITY - City of the contact
- COUNTRY - Country of the contact
- POSTCODE - Postcode of the contact
- PROVINCE_CODE - Province code of the contact
- COUNTRY_CODE - Country code of the contact
When a new subscriber subscribes, there are several ways to follow up:
- No confirmation - visitors will be subscribed to the selected list(s) without any notification
- Simple confirmation - visitors will be subscribed to the selected list(s) and notified by a follow-up email. Select an active email template from your Sendinblue account.
- Double confirmation - visitors that submit a form will be added to the Temp - DOUBLE OPTIN list and a confirmation email requiring them to click to confirm their subscription will be sent. Once they have clicked, they will be added to the selected Sendinblue list(s).
- Opt-in email - Select an active email template from your Sendinblue account that will be used for your new subscriber to confirm their subscription. Note: the template should contain the double opt-in tag as it will be replaced with a generated confirmation link.
- Confirmation page - Type the URL of the page where a visitor will be redirected after successfully submitting the form. It can be a thank you page or a landing page where you provide additional information.
- Final confirmation email - Select an active email template from your Sendinblue account that will be sent after confirming the opt-in email.
4. Synchronizing your orders
Activating a tracking code allows you to automatically upload your customers’ orders to your Sendinblue account. This is very useful for creating targeted campaigns, e.g. based specifically on customer spending. To activate it, you need to select "Yes", then click on the Update button.
Click on the Import the data of previous orders button to synchronize all orders placed before the installation of the plugin.
What data is synchronized?
The following fields will be synchronized to your Sendinblue account as transactional attributes. Those attributes can be seen from Campaigns platform > Contacts page > click on email address, then click on the Transactions tab:
- ORDER_ID - ID of the order
- ORDER_DATE - Date of the order
- ORDER_PRICE - Total amount of the order
For each contact, Sendinblue will calculate daily:
- SHOPIFY_CA_USER - Total amount spent by the contact
- SHOPIFY_ORDER_TOTAL - Total number of orders by the contact
- SHOPIFY_LAST_30_DAYS_CA - Total amount spent over the last 30 days by the contact
In addition, global data about your store will also be displayed on your Sendinblue account:
- SHOPIFY_CA_LAST_30DAYS - Total amount spent over the last 30 days (Formula: SUM[SHOPIFY_LAST_30_DAYS_CA])
- SHOPIFY_CA_TOTAL - Total amount spent (Formula: SUM[SHOPIFY_CA_USER])
- SHOPIFY_ORDERS_COUNT - Total number of orders (Formula: SUM[SHOPIFY_ORDER_TOTAL])
For further information on formulas, read this article.
How often are contact(s) and their information synced?
After the initial sync, synchronization will be done in real time.
5. Installing Sendinblue Tracker
By installing Sendinblue Tracker on your store, you'll be able to:
- Track identified visitors on your store. When a Sendinblue contact clicks in one of your emails, we deposit a cookie, which then allows us to identify this contact when they visit your website. You'll be able to set up Automation workflows.
- Use Sendinblue Chat. Be there for your clients and prospects when they're browsing your store.
6. Sending transactional emails
If you want to send your transactional emails (e.g. payment confirmations, order summaries, etc.) via Sendinblue, select "Yes" to activate Sendinblue SMTP, then click on the Update button. This will allow you to optimize email/inbox deliverability and to track individual emails to see whether they have reached their recipient, been opened, been clicked in, etc.
After clicking on "Update", you will be able to send a test email to the address of your choice.
6. Managing SMS
In the SMS section, you can activate a low credit notification, an order confirmation SMS or an order delivery SMS.
You can also send SMS campaigns to your Shopify contacts directly from the Shopify back office. All you have to do is select the recipient(s) and prepare your campaign.
The Sendinblue plugin for Shopify allows you to optimize your communications with your customers and simplify the interaction between your Shopify website and your Sendinblue account.
Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to reach our support team at email@example.com.