Zapier allows you to easily connect 1,500+ integrated apps with your Sendinblue account, using triggers and actions. For example, you can create a Zap so that when there is a new contact in Google Sheets (trigger), the contact will automatically be added to your Sendinblue list(s) (action).
In this tutorial, we'll cover the following topics:
Before getting started
- The API v3 key from your Sendinblue. If you don't have an account, sign up for free.
- A Zapier account. If you don't have an account, sign up here.
1. Supported Sendinblue triggers
In Zapier, a trigger is the event that starts a Zap. The following Sendinblue triggers are supported:
- New Campaign Status - Triggers when the status of a Sendinblue campaign is updated (statuses that are watched: suspended, archived, sent, queued, draft, inProcess).
- Contact added to a specific list - Triggers when a new or existing contact is added to a Sendinblue list.
- New or Updated Contact - Triggers when a Sendinblue contact is added or updated (either list(s) they belong to or contact data).
2. Supported Sendinblue actions
In Zapier, an action is an event that a Zap performs. The following Sendinblue actions are supported:
- Add or Update Contact - Adds a new contact to the selected Sendinblue list(s) or updates an existing Sendinblue contact (either list(s) they belong to or contact data).
- Send Transactional Email - Sends an email with HTML or plain text content from your Sendinblue account.
3. How to connect Sendinblue in Zapier
To integrate Sendinblue with a service using Zapier, log into your Zapier account. To create a link between Sendinblue and an app, you need to create a zap by clicking on Make a Zap! at the top left of a Zapier page.
To add new contacts from another app to Sendinblue, first select the other app. To import your new Sendinblue contacts into another app, start by creating a link with Sendinblue.
In this tutorial, we are going to talk about the first option: importing new contacts from another app into your Sendinblue account.
Configuring the app
First, select the required app (in this case we are using Google Sheets, a Google app). Follow the steps to connect your Google Sheets account or other app to Zapier.
Choose a trigger for the app in question. Then follow the steps to configure this app in Zapier.
Once the first app has been configured in Zapier, you have to create the Zapier link to Sendinblue. Start by selecting the action you would like to carry out with Sendinblue. In this example, we are using Add Contact. Click on the action, then confirm by clicking on Save + Continue.
You will then be asked to enter your API v3 key that can be retrieved here.
You must then select the Sendinblue contact list into which you will import new contacts from the app. Next, click on Email tab.
You can add additional attributes if you wish (e.g. FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, etc.).
After mapping the fields, check the test samples to make sure that the data is consistent with the selected attributes. Then click Continue, choose a name for your "Zap" and confirm by clicking Turn Zap On.
That’s it! All the new contacts added to your Google Spreadsheet page are automatically imported into your Sendinblue account. Zapier allows you to link Sendinblue to all of the services available in Zapier.
Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to reach our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.