In this article, we will explain how to integrate Google Analytics with your Sendinblue account to identify and monitor the email campaigns that refer traffic to your website.
Google Analytics is the most widely used web analytics service for tracking and reporting on website traffic. By adding parameters to the URLs in your email campaigns, you will be able to collect information about the overall efficacy of those campaigns, and also understand where the campaigns are more effective.
Before you start
- To get information about your email campaigns in Google Analytics, make sure you are already monitoring your website on your Google Analytics account and add the link to your website in your email campaigns and templates. To learn how to monitor your website, check Google Analytics Help Center.
How does it work?
After integrating Google analytics with your Sendinblue account, Sendinblue will automatically add tracking terms that are recognized by Google Analytics to the links in your email campaigns. These tracking terms are referred to as "parameters" and add several unique types of information to your links so that you can identify which campaigns perform the best.
Sendinblue automatically assigns the following parameters to the links in your email campaigns:
- UTM_Source: "sendinblue"
- UTM_Medium: "email"
- UTM_Campaign: "name_of_your_campaign"
Integrate Google Analytics with your Sendinblue account
In Sendinblue, you can choose to enable Google Analytics to track the links to your website in all your email campaigns and templates, or in specific email campaigns and templates only.
Enable Google Analytics for all your email campaigns and templates
To enable Google Analytics for all your email campaigns and templates:
- In your Sendinblue account, go to Campaigns > Settings.
- In the Google Analytics & Social section, click on Configure.
- Enable the Activate Google Analytics Tracking option.
- Click on Save.
Now, every time you send an email campaign that contains a link to your website, Google analytics will track its results.
Enable Google Analytics for a specific email campaign or template
To enable Google Analytics for a specific email campaign or template that contains a link to your website:
- In the Advanced Settings section of your email campaign, click on Edit Settings.
- Enable the Activate Google Analytics tracking option.
- Optional: enter a custom UTM_Campaign value.
- Click on Save.
Once you send this email campaign, Google analytics will track its results.
Monitor your Google Analytics results
After your email campaigns are delivered, you can start monitoring your Google Analytics results to view how many people clicked through from your email campaign to your website:
- Log into your Google Analytics account.
- In the left sidebar, go to Acquisition > Campaigns > All Campaigns.
- Sort your results by Campaign, Source, or Medium.
- Optional: enter the name of a specific campaign to view its results.
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.