If you have purchased a dedicated IP in SendinBlue you must link this IP using a domain name, or a subdomain in order for it to work. We recommend that you use your main domain name and create a subdomain dedicated to sending your email.
The success of your email marketing strategy depends on the establishment of trust between you and your recipients. Be as transparent as possible, create a subdomain that allows subscribers to identify your company for example: newsletter.yoursite.com (For this case, follow only the first section: Tutorial to delegate a subdomain name with GoDaddy)
In case you are unable to delegate a subdomain, you can always buy a new domain name from GoDaddy. The domain name that you purchase must include the name of your website, for example yoursite-email.com (For this case, follow only the second section: Tutorial for delegating the domain reserved only for email on SendinBlue)
Watch this video for a complete guide to setting up your dedicated IP in SendinBlue, or start watching at 2:37 for help delegating your subdomain in GoDaddy.
1. Tutorial to delegate a subdomain name with GoDaddy
1. Login to your GoDaddy account.
2. Go to your list of domain names, you should see one of the following windows.
Or this one :
3. We are going to configure the settings of your DNS, so click on "launch" OR "Manage DNS," then you should be on the following page:
4. Click on the "DNS Zone File" tab, then "Add record" link and fill all the data required on the popup as shown below
(don't forget to change news.mydomain.net with the real subdomain that you want to delegate)
We will do this step two times: One time for the first NS record "ns1.sendinblue.com" and the second time for the second NS record "ns2.sendinblue.com"
and for ns2.sendinblue.com
5. To verify that everything has been well added, you should have two new entries added in NS bloc as shown below:
6. Once all the steps are good, then you should click on "Save Changes" link displayed at the top in the red bloc alert
It is recommended to wait at least a day, in order to ensure that the process works correctly and that your domain and subdomain have been delegated successfully. You have now completed the first part and you can move to the second part to link your IP with your subdomain name in SendinBlue.
2. Tutorial for delegating the domain reserved only for email on SendinBlue
Caution: Do not perform this operation on the primary domain name of your website. This method should be applied only if you have purchased a domain name reserved for email marketing.
If you bought a domain name from GoDaddy, then you'll have to replace the first and second DNS to ns1.sendinblue.com and ns2.sendinblue.com
You'll come across the two following screenshots:
You should click on Manage link and then a popup will be displayed like below:
Select "Custom" value and click on "Enter custom nameservers" and then fill our two NS records ns1.sendinblue.com and ns2.sendinblue.com.
Once you have completed all the steps, click on "Validate". It is recommended to wait at least a day, in order to ensure that the process works correctly and that your domain / subdomain have been delegated successfully.
You have now completed the first part in setting up your Dedicated IP!
Send us an email if you have any questions or problems.