At SendinBlue, these plans use our Shared IPs by default: Free, Micro, Bronze, Silver and Pay-as-you-go Credits.
In order to protect our Shared IP users and the quality of our service, we are very attentive to the quality of campaigns sent by our Shared IPs and the quality of contacts they are sent to.
We recommend using a Dedicated IP for sending large volumes of emails or for taking full control of your reputation. Your reputation will depend on you, as your own name and signature will appear on all your operations, making you the sender.
Here are the advantages of a Dedicated IP:
- You control your reputation: Instead of sharing your IP Address reputation with other marketers, the reputation of your sending IP Address depends on your sending practices.
- Certification services (Senderscore certified, Goodmail) often require a dedicated IP address. These services let you better pass spam filters and to display the best image quality. These are usually paid services.
- You can take immediate action in case you have reputation problems with your address or deliverability issues with your campaigns.
- Generating a whitelist with Yahoo, AOL and MSN is facilitated.
Here are the elements to be taken into account when purchasing a Dedicated IP:
- It's up to you to build your own IP address reputation. Having your own Dedicated IP address doesn't necessarily give you a better reputation on the Internet. If you change your database regularly, create massive campaigns, or generate a lot of complaints; the reputation of your IP Address will be heavily impacted, and you will be responsible. More information on how to build your reputation.
- Managing sending volume and its impact on your address' reputation is your responsibility.
- It is not possible to immediately send significant volumes of emails from a new IP address. Instead, you will need to gradually increase your sending volumes using the guidelines above to "warm up" your IP address while ISPs are learning to recognize your IP address. It's important to carefully manage your new IP address during the "warm up" period and requires expertise. At SendinBlue, we are delighted to help you manage this warm up period.
Click here to learn how to set up your dedicated IP.