📨 What is SMTP?
SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is a faster and easier way to send/transfer emails from one electronic mail server to the other.
When you use personal email addresses to send bulk marketing campaigns or transactional emails to a long contact list you can:
- Face restrictions on sending rate limits or
- Get marked as spam
Most email service providers (ESP) set up SMTP relay servers which help users send their emails using infrastructures with a great reputation.
📩 What is Sendinblue SMTP?
Sendinblue SMTP is the transactional email service of Sendinblue. Transactional emails are also called “triggered” emails because they are the result of a user’s action or request on a website (purchase, forgotten password, account creation, etc). At Sendinblue, transactional emails are sent through SMTP relay, this is why it is called Sendinblue SMTP.
Here are some examples of transactional emails:
- Email for account creation
- Order confirmation emails
- Recovery password emails
- All your non-promotional emails
Just like your regular campaigns, Sendinblue SMTP also allows you to view the history of:
- Sent emails
- Hard bounces, and much other information.
⚙️ How to retrieve your SMTP password?
To retrieve your SMTP password in your Sendinblue account:
- Click your name on the top-right menu.
- Choose SMTP & API.
- Under the SMTP tab, you’ll find your SMTP password.
- Copy and paste the password in your app to integrate it with Sendinblue.
⏩ What's next?
- What is the difference between Sendinblue and Sendinblue SMTP?
- Create & customize transactional email templates