A blacklisted contact is a contact that is excluded from receiving your campaigns due to certain reasons. None of your campaigns will be sent to this contact after they have been blacklisted. However, these contacts will still be in your lists and in your database.
A contact can be blacklisted due to different reasons:
- For emails:
- They have unsubscribed from your emails by using your unsubscription form
- They have marked your emails as spam
- An email to the contact resulted in a hard bounce (e.g. their email address does not exist)
- You have blacklisted them manually
- For SMS:
- They have unsubscribed from your SMS by using your unsubscription form
- They have unsubscribed from your SMS by replying to your SMS campaign
⏩ What's next?
- Import a list of blacklisted contacts
- Why not delete contacts who are blacklisted?
- Remove a contact from your blacklist