In this article, we will explain how to create and send an SMS campaign directly from Sendinblue.
Good to know
- If this is your first time creating an SMS campaign, make sure your SMS account has been validated. To learn more about how to get your SMS account validated, check our dedicated article About account validation for emails and SMS.
- In addition to sending SMS campaigns directly from Sendinblue, you can also send them from the Sendinblue API or from some of your plugins.
To know the specific SMS restrictions for your country, check the help page of our SMS provider.
Step 1: Create your SMS campaign
Set up your SMS campaign
- To start creating your SMS campaign, go to Campaigns > SMS.
- Click on Create an SMS Campaign.
- In the Campaign Name field, enter the name of your campaign. This name will only be visible to you (not to your recipients).
- In the SMS Sender field, enter a personalized name for your sender using up to 11 alphabetic characters or 15 numerical digits.
Example with alphabetic characters
Example with numerical digits
Write the content of your SMS campaign
- In the SMS Message field, enter the content of your SMS message.
- Optional: personalize your SMS campaign with any contact attributes stored in your Sendinblue contact list, such as your contacts' names. To learn more, check our dedicated article Personalize your SMS messages with contact attributes.
- Sendinblue SMS supports GSM characters, Unicode content used in non-Latin alphabets (e.g. Arabic, Russian), and emojis. If your SMS message contains Unicode characters, check the Unicode (supports more languages) option.
Optional: Send your SMS campaign in batches
The Send SMS in batches option allows you gradually send your SMS campaigns to your contacts by setting up the number of SMS messages that you want to send per day.
If you select this option, you'll be asked to enter the number of daily SMS messages you want to send and the desired increase percentage per day. We recommend you set the number of daily SMS messages to 3,000, with an increase of 30% per day. You can also choose to add a delay between each batch sent.
Optional: Send a test SMS
Once your SMS campaign is ready, you can choose to send a test SMS to view how it looks. Note that the test SMS will be deducted from your SMS credits.
Step 2: Select your recipients
Once you are done creating your SMS campaign, choose to send it to either:
- one or several contact list(s);
- a segment of contacts.
You can also choose to exclude certain lists of contacts.
Optional: Create a filter
After selecting your recipients, you can choose to apply the following options:
- Don't send to unengaged contacts: select this option if you do not want to send your SMS campaign to your unengaged contacts. You can customize the criteria for unengaged contacts from the Unengaged Contacts page.
- Apply filters on the selected lists: select this option to apply a new or existing filter to your selected lists in order to send your SMS campaign only to contacts who match the filter.
Once you are done selecting your contacts, click on Update recipient count to view how many contacts you are going to send your SMS campaign to.
Step 3: Schedule your SMS campaign
After reviewing your SMS campaign, choose whether to send it immediately or schedule a date and a time to launch it in the future.
⏩ What's next?
- Personalize your SMS messages with contact attributes
- Include an unsubscribe option in your SMS messages
- Receive and reply to SMS responses
- SMS campaigns statistics and reports