Installing the module
1. Login to WordPress as administrator;
2. Go to "Extensions > Add", find the SendinBlue plugin and upload it;
3. Activate the SendinBlue extension and go to the configuration page;
4. Follow the instructions: simply enter your SendinBlue API keys.
Main plugin functionality
A plugin for creating your subscription forms
This is, of course, the plugin's main function.
You can adjust some general settings on the Settings tab:
– Sending a confirmation email (selecting the template and sender)
– Double opt-in activation
– Redirection to a specific URL after subscription
– Confirmation messages (operation completed successfully, invalid address, etc.)
Most importantly, you will be able to specify the fields that make up your forms.
To accommodate both novices and more advanced users, fields are configured using a dual interface:
– On the left is an HTML editor that allows advanced users to easily customize the form,
– On the right is a simplified interface for adding a field to the form. Once it has been added, the code is shown on the left side.
Once you have configured the form, you just need to go to the Appearance/Widgets menu to add the "SendinBlue form" widget to one or more sidebars. Note that the widget has a number of settings, including the list to which subscribers are added and the appearance (or not) of certain fields. This allows you to have specific forms for different parts of the website. For example, for a themed portal you could have a themed form with specific questions and a separate list for these subscribers, which would enable you to better manage future mailings.
A plugin for sending your transactional emails
If you activate the option "Transactional Emails", all WordPress emails will be sent using the SendinBlue SMTP server. In real terms, this gives your emails the best possible chance of reaching their intended recipients and provides you with real statistics. On the plugin's Statistics tab (or from your SendinBlue account), you can see whether each sent email has been safely received, opened and clicked.
A plugin to manage your contacts, create your campaigns and access your statistics
The WordPress plugin lets you access simplified versions of the SendinBlue platform to:
– Manage lists: new lists, contact searches, segmentation, etc.
– Manage campaigns: current campaign reports, new campaigns, etc.
– Statistics: on deliverability, opening and clicks on sent emails
Below we have provided you with some useful screen shots.
If you need any help, please send an email to email@example.com.