In this article, we will explain how to find and review your campaign reports.
Now that you have sent your first email marketing campaign, we are going to take a look at campaign reports:
- Go to the Statistics tab
- Select the results timeframe you would like to review
- Click Show Statistics
These key performance metrics will appear:
- Total Sent: the number of sent campaigns over the selected period
- Total Recipients: the total number of contacts that received your campaigns
- Total Opened: the total number of recipients that, at least once, opened your message
- Total Clicked: the total number of recipients that, at least once, clicked on a link within your message
- Total Unsubscribed: the total number of contacts who unsubscribed after receiving this message. You still can see these contacts in your lists, but they are blacklisted (indicated by a red highlight) and won't receive your emails anymore.
- Total Replied: the total number of contacts who replied to your SMS campaign
- Total Soft + Hard Bounces: the total number of messages that could not be delivered due to a temporary or permanent issue
The rates indicated below are:
- Open rate = [Total number of openings]/[number of emails delivered]
- Click rate = [Total number of clicks]/[number of emails delivered]
- Unsubscription rate = [Total number of emails delivered]/[number of unsubscriptions]
You can then click Report for one of your campaigns listed below:
We will review each section of the report in detail:
This section includes comprehensive results relating to opens and clicks. You can distinguish between recipients who open your email once (openers) from those who open more than once (multiple openers). When a person opens your email twice, the report counts 1 opener and 2 opens. If this person clicks your email link(s) twice, the report counts 1 unique click and 2 total clicks. Complaints indicate people who have marked your message as spam. The complaint rate is a key indicator for the your sending reputation and for your deliverability.
The delivered emails refer to the email addresses that actually received your campaign, either in inbox or in the spam folder. The bounces are error messages sent back to our the servers, and refer to the contacts who didn’t receive your email. We differentiate between the two types of bounces:
- Soft bounces - Caused by a temporary problem and your future campaigns will be sent to these recipients. (ex: the recipient’s server is unavailable or his inbox is full)
- Hard bounces - This is a permanent problem. These recipients will be automatically blacklisted and will no longer be sent your messages. (ex: non-existent address or blocked email address)
The campaign delivery process may take up to 36 hours, in some instances. For example, if an email does not reach the receiving server, we retry to sent the email for up to 36 hours. During this time, you could see emails marked as Processing. After 36 hours, email statuses are updated to Delivered or Bounced.
List and domain metrics
At the bottom of the page, you can see your reports filtered by list or domain. Viewing results by domain names is particularly interesting to confirm that your campaigns are being delivered well to all domains (such as Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
Opens and clicks report
Click Opens & Clicks to get more information about how your contacts engaged with your message and to learn more about the people who opened and clicked.
The report tracks opens and clicks over time, as well as the location the openers and clickers. Analyzing this data provide great insights for optimizing future campaigns.
Monitoring which types of devices your contacts use to open your message can also aid in the optimization process.
For example, if you observe a large open rate on mobile and tablets, it's extremely important to ensure your campaigns are designed responsively (mobile-friendly).
Clicked links report
Lastly, you can see exactly which links were clicked and how often by visiting the Clicked Links tab.
This heat map enables you to quickly visualize the hot zones that have generated the most clicks.
You will find details about the clicked links at the bottom of the page.
Sharing campaign results
The three buttons near the upper right corner of your page enable you to export the data of the campaign.
- Print your campaign report
- Send an email with the campaign report attached as a PDF file
- Export the report as a PDF or Excel file. The file will be immediately emailed to the address associated with your account.
Now, you can enjoy very comprehensive reports that will enable you to understand your results in order to optimize future campaigns.