SendinBlue Automation is SendinBlue’s new Marketing Automation solution.
How does it work? Build custom workflows to send reminders to customers and prospects and communicate with them more effectively without the need for prior installation. Set up a series of targeted emails and SMS based on your contacts' behavior. You can also create advanced workflows that include your contacts’ behavior on your website. The data is automatically uploaded to SendinBlue without the need for any prior installation:
- Email data upload: SendinBlue Automation is fully integrated into your email and transactional email (SMTP) campaigns. More specifically, you can use your email openings and clicks to launch a workflow or add a condition. There is no installation to worry about – everything is automatically uploaded to SendinBlue Automation.
- Contact profile data upload: All the contact attributes you have by default or have added to SendinBlue can be used in your workflows. For example, you can segment within a workflow based on a category or date.
You can also set up workflows that use behavioral data from your website. By installing the main SendinBlue Automation script, you can track the pages visited by identified contacts.
- The Automation script records all of your website visitors via a cookie.
- The actions of your website users are then recorded by SendinBlue Automation if the visitor is identified as a SendinBlue contact. The actions of users who are not identified as SendinBlue contacts are not recorded.
- The aim is to identify your contact, which can be managed using the "call identify" function.
- If you want to go further, you can also set up a complete tagging system including custom events (track events) to launch a workflow based on a particular action.
Here are some examples of workflows:
- Welcome message: Send a series of emails after a subscription or purchase.
- Anniversary date: Send a gift to your users on their birthday or on the anniversary of the date they subscribed to your website.
- Send a reminder after X days of inactivity.
- Prospect reminder: Send a series of emails based on the behavior of your website users and their reaction to your emails.
- Abandoned basket: Send a reminder to potential customers after X days of them adding an item to their basket without ordering it.
We suggest that you browse the features and options of this new solution before getting started.
SendinBlue Automation at a glance
The Marketing Automation platform allows you to build "workflows". A workflow is a series of actions (the sending of messages) and conditions (time frames, checking the profile of a contact) linked to a step in the customer journey.
Adding value to your behavioral data
Use a variety of uploaded data (email openings and clicks, page visits and custom events) to identify when you want to contact your prospects and customers.
Accessing key statistics
Thanks to the comprehensive, real-time statistics available on your sent messages and workflow entries and exits, you can constantly improve your communication strategy.
A tool for beginners and marketing experts
SendinBlue Automation is designed to meet everybody’s needs. Start with predefined workflows and adapt them to suit your requirements for an advanced communication strategy. There are two types of workflows: predefined workflow templates and advanced (bespoke) workflows.
Are you a beginner?
If you are new to Marketing Automation, we recommend some features that will help you get off to a good start:
- Workflow library: SendinBlue offers flexible workflow templates suitable for any company, so you can quickly and easily build a series of actions. For example, you can send a series of emails following a purchase, send a reminder after X days of inactivity or when a newsletter has been opened, etc.
- Custom workflow: You can access a wide range of actions and conditions that are explained in this tutorial.
- Test a workflow: To make sure you understand how Marketing Automation works, send a test email to test your first workflow.
- Integrate the SendinBlue Automation script into your website to track which pages your users visit.
Are you an expert?
If you are already an expert in Marketing Automation and would like to get started with SendinBlue Automation immediately, here are the tutorials that will help you:
- Advanced workflows: These workflows will allow you to define the workflow entry points, actions and conditions yourself.
- Install SendinBlue Automation on your website: We have 3 types of tracking available for your website: the main script, call identify and track events. This data will allow you to upload the behavior of your visitors to SendinBlue! Refer to our API documentation to find out how to integrate custom events into your website. We support several different languages including PHP, Python and Java. If you want to go further, see our explanation of how the data is uploaded to SendinBlue.
- Case study: B2B website: Use the behavioral data at your disposal by setting up a tagging system to send messages after your contacts have taken specific actions.