In this article, we will explain how to import a list of blacklisted contacts.
While you can manually subscribe or blacklist contacts, please note that Sendinblue will automatically blacklist contacts in the following cases:
- For emails:
- They have unsubscribed from your emails by using your unsubscription form
- They have marked your emails as spam
- An email to the contact resulted in a hard bounce
- For SMS:
- They have unsubscribed from your SMS by using your unsubscription form
- They have unsubscribed from your SMS by replying to your SMS campaign
Good to know
- To learn what a blacklisted contact is, read 🎥 What is a blacklisted contact?.
- To learn how to manually blacklist a single contact, read Manually subscribe or blacklist a contact from your email and SMS campaigns.
- In Contacts, all your blacklisted contacts appear in red with a icon on the left of their email address.
Import a list of blacklisted contacts
To import a list of blacklisted contacts, you must:
- Create an import file
- Import your contacts to Sendinblue
- Map the data of your import file
- Add your contacts to a list
- Blacklist your imported contacts
To learn how to create your import file, import your contacts, map the data of your import file, and add your contacts to a list, read Import your contacts to Sendinblue.
Blacklist your imported contacts
Before finishing the import of your contacts, you must choose to blacklist them by enabling:
- the Blacklist the imported Email contacts option to blacklist your contacts from receiving your email campaigns, and/or
- the Blacklist the imported SMS contacts option to blacklist your contacts from receiving your SMS campaigns
Finally, click Confirm your import to begin the import of your blacklisted contacts.
You will then be redirected back to your Contacts page. Please note that large imports may take a few moments to fully process.
Once completed, a banner will summarize the details of your import, including the number of added contacts, number of existing contacts, number of invalid email addresses, etc. You will also receive an email notification confirming this summary.
All blacklisted contacts will appear in red with a symbol to the left of the email address:
⏩ What's next?
- Why not delete contacts who are blacklisted?
- 🎥. Where can I view the list of blacklisted contacts?
- Get the list of blacklisted contacts (unsubscribed addresses, complaints, hard bounces) of a campaign
- Remove a contact from your blacklist