Unlike the unsubscribe form which is embedded in your website or any other hosted page, the unsubscribe page is the page your recipients are redirected to when they click on the unsubscribe link in the footer of your email campaigns.
Good to know
- You must create an unsubscribe page in Sendinblue as you can’t use your own unsubscribe links.
- You must create a custom unsubscribe page for each language in which you will send your email campaign. You will then be able to choose which custom unsubscribe page to use from the Advanced settings of your email campaign creation. To learn more, check our dedicated article Insert an unsubscribe link in your campaigns.
- A default unsubscribe page will automatically be linked to the unsubscribe link in the footer of your email campaign if you do not choose one. However, we highly recommend to use one of your custom unsubscribe pages to match your recipients' language and your branding.
Step 1: Create and setup your custom unsubscribe page
To create an unsubscribe page that you can integrate to an email campaign:
- Go to Campaigns > Settings
- Click Personalize from the Unsubscribe Pages block.
You are redirected to Unsubscription pages.
- Click Create an unsubscription page to customize a new unsubscription page.
- Give your unsubscription page a unique name to locate it easily within your unsubscription page listing, e.g. EN - My custom unsubscription page with EN for English.
- Click Next to design your unsubscription page.
Step 2: Design your unsubscription page
The next step will be about designing and shaping your unsubscription page. Similarly to subscription forms, you can personalize your unsubscription page by modifying:
- Text fonts, sizes & colors
- Instruction text (directing users how to unsubscribe)
- Success and error messages (confirming or nor if a user has successfully unsubscribed)
Building your unsubscription page layout
In the unsubscription page builder you will find a pre-made unsubscribption page that you can customize. In the Build tab of the builder, you will find various Blocks, including Title, Text, Image and Divider, that you can drag and drop according to your needs. Edit the default texts to match your brand's tone of voice.
Designing your unsubscription page
To further customize your unsubscription page design, click on the Design tab of the builder. You will be able to change the design, colors, and fonts of your unsubscription page:
From there you can change the formatting (font, color, size, etc.) of the text and titles as well as help text, labels, and placeholders.
You can select a background color or background image.
You can design the container (where you drag all the fields): alignment, borders, background, etc.
You can select the color of the subscription button, its alignment, text font, etc.
An example of an alert will appear when you click on this field. This will allow you to modify the design. There are Error state and Success state alerts. You will be able to edit these texts in the Messages step of your unsubscription page customization.
You can choose between 3 types of spacing: tight, default, spaced.
Review the mobile view
All Sendinblue forms are designed responsively. You can display your unsubscription page in mobile mode to preview how it will look on your contacts’ devices. Simply toggle the view from desktop to mobile on the top of the editor.
Once you are done designing your unsubscription page and reviewing its mobile version, click Next to choose the confirmation settings.
Step 3: Manage confirmation settings
Next, choose whether you want to redirect your contacts to a specific URL to confirm their unsubscription or simply show the confirmation message after they clicked Unsubscribe. Click Next to customize state messages.
For example if you choose the URL option, you could redirect your unsubscribed contacts to a landing page with links to your social media prompting them to follow you there. Indeed, most of the time customers unsubscribe to marketing emails to empty their inboxes but still want to follow your business updates.
Step 4: Customize the state messages
In this section, you can edit the default information messages in these cases:
- Success message: successful unsubscription from your contact
- Error message: system error occurs while processing the contact's unsubscription
Click Next to finalize the creation of your unsubscription page.
Step 5: Finalize your unsubscription page creation
Click Done to confirm the creation of your custom unsubscription page. You will be able to chose which one to integrate to your email campaigns in the Advanced settings of your campaign creation. To learn more, check our dedicated article Insert an unsubscribe link in your campaigns.
🤔 Have a question?
If you have a question, feel free to contact our support team by creating a ticket from your account. If you don't have an account yet, you can contact us here.