In this article, we will explain how to create a new list based on segmented contacts. This functionality is useful to create precisely filtered contacts lists.
Sendinblue offers two types of lists that can be created from a Contacts search:
- A list with specific contacts from a segment: segment specific contacts. This is very useful for creating specific lists. For example, segmenting all openers from your last campaign to make a list of contacts that you know could open your next campaign.
- A list with random contacts: extract a random segment from your database. You define the size and your result will consist of randomly selected contacts. This can be useful for testing your email with a small random segment before sending it to all your contacts.
You can also combine these two segmentation types.
Step 1: Select your contacts
- Go to Contacts.
- Click + Add a condition.
- Create your segment to filter your contacts.
To learn more about how to create a segment, check our dedicated article Create a segment.
This segment will filter your search results. If you want to segment a random sample without excluding any contacts from your list, do not add any condition to your search.
- Check the box next to EMAIL to select all the search results.
Step 2: Create a list from your segmented contacts
- Click Add to a list(s).
- Select a folder for your new list.
- Click Add a new list.
- Name your new list.
- Click Create.
- Once your list is created, click out of the lists window.
- Feel free to add the segmented contacts to other new or already existing lists.
- Click Add when you're ready to add your contacts to the desired new list(s).
Your new list has been created! You can now view and edit your list on the Lists dashboard.
⏩ What's next?
- Create and manage folders and contact lists
- Managing your contacts lists with Marketing Automation
- Optimize and clean your contact list to improve email deliverability