Sendinblue lets you launch a workflow when a contact has been added to a list, e.g. our Welcome Email workflow. If you would like to go one step further and use the date on which the contact was added to the list to launch other workflows, here's how to proceed:
Create a dedicated contact attribute
In order to take into account the date on which a contact was added to a list, the first step is to create a "Date" dedicated contact attribute. This attribute will correspond to the being added to a list date. To create this attribute, please follow the instructions that can be found in our dedicated article.
In our example, the attribute created will be called REGISTRATION_DATE.
Add a step in your workflow
- In a workflow triggered by the adding of a contact to a list, add a step like Update contact attribute.
- In the drop-down list, select the attribute that you would like to update.
- Enable the Current date option.
- Click OK.
Now once a contact is added to a list, this field will automatically be updated with the added to list date.
Create a new workflow using the created attribute as the entry point
Once the attribute has been created and updated by input from one of your workflows, you can create a new workflow that has the being added to this list date as an entry point:
- Select an entry point, such as Contact details > Contact attributes condition.
- Select the previously created attribute.
- Enter the conditions that will trigger the workflow.
- Click OK.