The Sendinblue module for Salesforce lets you set up an effective email marketing strategy directly from Salesforce:
- Match your Sendinblue contact lists and details with Salesforce fields
- Add your Salesforce contacts and leads to a Sendinblue list
- Import your Sendinblue contacts as Salesforce leads
- Create newsletters directly from Salesforce and/or from Sendinblue using a highly powerful and intuitive newsletter builder
- View the advanced statistics for your campaigns and contacts on your Salesforce account.
In this article, we will explain how to manage:
Before you start
- To learn how to install the Sendinblue plugin for Salesforce, take a look at this article.
Manage your campaigns
Create a Sendinblue campaign from Salesforce
- In the Campaigns tab, click New to create a new campaign
- Name your new campaign
- Click Save
- Click Create in Sendinblue to design your campaign
- In the pop-in that appears, enter the campaign details
- Click Next
- In step 2 of your campaign creation, the default editor is HTML editor. To use Sendinblue's responsive design builder, click Restart
Preview your campaign
- Click Campaign Preview
- A pop-in opens up to show you what your campaign will look like on a PC or mobile
View your campaign statistics
The statistics for your email campaigns sent by Sendinblue can be viewed directly in Salesforce. You have are several options for this:
- On the main page of your Salesforce campaign, you'll find:
- the campaign's overall statistics
- the statistics for each list
- the statistics per user
- the link statistics
- When you click Sendinblue Statistics, a pop-in opens up and you are able to view a detailed Sendinblue campaign report
Data is refreshed according to the frequency you selected from the drop-down menu when you created your campaign. You can also manually refresh statistics by clicking Sync Now.
Importing campaigns from Sendinblue
From Salesforce, you can import campaigns created in Sendinblue over the previous two weeks:
- Go to the Sendinblue settings tab
- Click Campaign Configuration
- Select the type of campaign and status
- Click Find to see all of the Sendinblue email campaigns that match the specific criteria
Campaigns with a red cross are all the campaigns that have not been imported in Salesforce. You can import them by selecting them and clicking Import Selected Campaigns.
Similarly, for campaigns that have already been imported, you can also synchronize data by selecting each campaign and clicking Sync Selected Campaigns.
Manage your lists and contacts
Manage your contacts
When a contact is added to a Sendinblue list in the "SF" folder (default plugin folder), it will automatically be added to Salesforce according to the timing of synchronization that you defined in the global settings, and vice versa if the contact is added to the list from Salesforce. When contacts are added to Salesforce, they are treated as Contacts by default. For your contacts to be automatically added as leads, don't forget to check the option under Salesforce in your list settings.
Tip: differentiate leads and contacts according to Salesforce
- Lead: an individual with whom you may be able to have a business relationship, but one that is not yet qualified. You're not sure that you'll sell them a product one day.
- Contact: an individual with whom you already have a business relationship, someone who has already been qualified. This person has already purchased a product in the past.
Create a new list
The Sendinblue plugin for Salesforce enables you to manage your Sendinblue lists directly from Salesforce.
- To create a new list, go to the Sendinblue Lists tab
- Click New
- Name your list
- Define the timing of Salesforce/Sendinblue synchronization for this list
- Define if this list must generate leads in Salesforce during the synchronization with Sendinblue by checking or not checking the Create leads box. When the the list is created under Salesforce, the list will also automatically be created in your Sendinblue account, in the folder containing the dedicated lists for Salesforce "SF".
Once synchronization has taken place, you'll be able to see for each list:
- The Sendinblue username
- The date of the last synchronization
- Statistics such as the number of contacts in the list, the number of unsubscribers as well as the open and click rate
Import lists from Sendinblue
As with campaigns, you can import your Sendinblue lists already in the "SF" folder:
- To import your Sendinblue lists, go to the Sendinblue Configuration tab
- Click Lists Configuration
All of the Sendinblue lists available in the "SF" folder will be displayed.
Lists with a red cross are the lists that have not been imported into Salesforce: You can import them by selecting them and clicking Import Selected Lists.
Similarly, for lists that have already been imported, you can synchronize data by selecting each list and clicking Sync Selected Lists.
The Sendinblue Report tab allows you to access the statistics for all of your Sendinblue campaigns. Select the time period for which you would like to access statistics and they will be automatically displayed.