The SendinBlue module for SalesForce lets you set up an effective email marketing strategy from your SalesForce website:
- Match your SendinBlue contact lists and details with SalesForce fields
- Add your SalesForce contacts and leads to a SendinBlue list
- Import your SendinBlue contacts as SalesForce leads
- Create newsletters directly from SalesForce and/or from SendinBlue using a highly powerful and intuitive newsletter builder
- View the advanced statistics for your campaigns and contacts on your SalesForce account.
In this tutorial, we are going to see how to manage:
To learn more about how to install the SendinBlue plugin for SalesForce, please take a look at this article
A. Creating a SendinBlue campaign from SalesForce
- In the campaigns tab, create a new campaign: Make sure you give it a name then click on "Save".
- Next, click on the "Create the campaign in SendinBlue" button
- In the pop-in that appears, enter the campaign details then click on "next"
- In step 2 of the campaign creation, the default editor is HTML editor. You can use SendinBlue's responsive design builder, but don't forget to click on "Restart" to select this editor. To find out more about creating SendinBlue campaigns, click here
B. Previewing the campaign
C. Viewing the campaign statistics
The statistics for your email campaigns sent by SendinBlue can be viewed directly in SalesForce. You have are several options for this:
- On the main page of your SalesForce campaign, you'll find:
- the campaign's overall statistics
- the statistics for each list
- the statistics per user
- the link statistics
- When you click on the "SendinBlue Statistics" tab: a pop-in will open up where you will be able to view a detailed SendinBlue campaign report
D. Importing campaigns from SendinBlue
From SalesForce, you can import campaigns created on SendinBlue over the previous two weeks. To do this, go to the SendinBlue settings tab and click on "Campaign Configuration".
Next, select the type of campaign and status, then click on "Find" to see all of the SendinBlue email campaigns that match the specific criteria.
Campaigns with a red cross are all the campaigns that have not been imported in SalesForce: You can import them by selecting each one and clicking on the "Import Selected Campaigns" button.
Similarly, for campaigns that have already been imported, you can also synchronize data by selecting each individual campaign and clicking on the "Sync Selected Campaigns" button.
Managing lists and contacts
A. Managing your contacts
When a contact is added to a SendinBlue list in the "SF" folder (default plugin folder), it will automatically be added to SalesForce according to the timing of synchronization that you defined in the global settings and vice versa if the contact is added to the list from SalesForce. When contacts are added to SalesForce, they are treated as "Contacts" by default. For your contacts to be automatically added as leads, don't forget to check the option under SalesForce in your list's settings.
- Lead: an individual with whom you may be able to have a business relationship, but one that is not yet qualified. You're not sure that you'll sell them a product one day.
- Contact: an individual with whom you already have a business relationship, someone who has already been qualified. This person has already purchased a product in the past.
B. Creating a new list
The SendinBlue plugin for SalesForce enables you to manage your SendinBlue lists directly from SalesForce. To create a new list, go to the "SendinBlue lists" tab and click on "New". Enter a name and define the timing of SalesForce/SendinBlue synchronization for this list.
Define also if this list must generate leads in SalesForce during the synchronization with SendinBlue by checking or not checking the "Create leads" box. When the the list is created under SalesForce, the list will also automatically be created in your SendinBlue account, in the folder containing the dedicated lists for SalesForce "SF". Once synchronization has taken place, you'll be able to see for each list:
- the SendinBlue usernam
- the date of the last synchronization
- statistics such as the number of contacts in the list, the number of unsubscribers as well as the open and click rate.
/!\ Important: Do not remove the dedicated folder for SalesForce from your SendinBlue account.
IMPORTANT: for the lead creation option to work you need to activate the global parameter in the general settings
C. Importing lists from SendinBlue
As with campaigns, you can import your SendinBlue lists already in the "SF" folder by going to the "SendinBlue Configuration" tab and clicking on "Lists Configuration". All of the SendinBlue lists available in the "SF" folder will be displayed.
Lists with a red cross are the lists that have not been imported into SalesForce: You can import them by selecting each one and clicking on the "Import Selected Lists" button. Similarly, for lists that have already been imported, you can synchronize data by selecting each list and clicking on the "Sync Selected Lists" button.
The "SendinBlue Report" tab allows you to access the statistics for all of your SendinBlue campaigns. You just need to select the time period for which you would like to access statistics, and these will be automatically displayed.